• Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    An update on this story.

Ta’neash Chappell, 23, Louisville, Kentucky, was arrested by the Indiana State Police on May 26, 2021, and transported to the Jackson County Jail.

On July 16, she was taken by ambulance to Schneck Memorial Hospital in Seymour, where she later died on the same day.
    Well, won't be running from the cops or shoplifting anymore.

Almost 2 months after being booked into the jail, could be anything. Violence in the jail, drug overdose, medical, suicide, who knows. Interested in any updates to the investigation you come across.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Well, won't be running from the cops or shoplifting anymore.

Almost 2 months after being booked into the jail, could be anything. Violence in the jail, drug overdose, medical, suicide, who knows. Interested in any updates to the investigation you come across.
    My bet is on Fentanyl overdose, just like George Floyd.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    How do you get drugs in jail? That would require someone that works the jail to be dealing to the prisoners. I visited Ripley County jail at the Sheriffs office. You have to use phones to talk to inmates. So just how are drugs getting to prisoners?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How do you get drugs in jail? That would require someone that works the jail to be dealing to the prisoners. I visited Ripley County jail at the Sheriffs office. You have to use phones to talk to inmates. So just how are drugs getting to prisoners?
    You answered your own question. In my Department of Correction experience is was generally senior custody officers or suit and tie administrators moving the quantity including and especially the Assistant Superintendent who gave the incoming new hires the "don't be dirty" speech. I guess he objected to competition more than he objected to being dirty as a matter of principle.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You answered your own question. In my Department of Correction experience is was generally senior custody officers or suit and tie administrators moving the quantity including and especially the Assistant Superintendent who gave the incoming new hires the "don't be dirty" speech. I guess he objected to competition more than he objected to being dirty as a matter of principle.
    If she is found to have od from drugs I would assume they would investigate how she got them. Should be cameras about everywhere, or no?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If she is found to have od from drugs I would assume they would investigate how she got them. Should be cameras about everywhere, or no?
    Since this is a county jail I really don't know. If an overdose were the case, I would put my bets on it never getting sorted out but that is pure speculation on my part.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

You all are so mean! Everyone who knows her says she was a good girl trying to turn her life around. She just needed some new fashionable clothes to accomplish that. Anyone who would argue that is an unwoke racist!

Please apply copious quantities of purple (as in sarcasm for those unaware of the meaning of purple)!

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    in the mail.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    NOTE: I am just guessing here.

I would think that during the chase she hid the illegal medication in her possession by swallowing the baggy/ies. The digestive system later breached the plastic and allowed her med.s to leach into her body.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    NOTE: I am just guessing here.

I would think that during the chase she hid the illegal medication in her possession by swallowing the baggy/ies. The digestive system later breached the plastic and allowed her med.s to leach into her body.
    She was taken into custody on May 26. I think that would have happened long before July 16 if that were the case.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    You all are so mean! Everyone who knows her says she was a good girl trying to turn her life around. She just needed some new fashionable clothes to accomplish that. Anyone who would argue that is an unwoke racist!

Please apply copious quantities of purple (as in sarcasm for those unaware of the meaning of purple)!
    So, is ole Paco still around? IIRC he's the one that started the purple for sarcasm thing or did he just bring it in from somewhere else?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Can't find a link, but WTHR just had a piece on the evening news saying that her family wants "justice and accountability". Funny how they always want "accountability" from everyone but the one that committed the crime in the first place. Maybe if they had demanded "accountability" from her, she would still be alive today.

Allegedly, she had called her family from jail about issues with violence in the jail. So it sounds like maybe another inmate may have been the cause of her demise.

Top Bottom