• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I was looking at getting my wife a su16 but nobody has any in stock, tonight I found a century arms "golani" galil in stock for $750. I know it's double the price so is it worth it? I have have no experience with century so help please!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Much of what Century makes is junk, really junk. HOWEVER, the Golani's are doing well. The Keltec's are ok, but they are still plastic bolted together. Personally, I would go with the milled receiver on the golani.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Saiga 223 with an AR mag block :D I don't have the mag block yet, but you can shoot my Converted Saiga 223 anytime you want.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    well basically I'm looking for a shtf gun that I don't have to clean every time I shoot it and I haven't found an AK I like but saw the galil tonight and it felt pretty good. also I'm trying to keep it .223 if possible but I could deal with an AK if the price was right. I just find all the AK's I've handled the stock has been too short.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    They have one, now? Like now? Really?

I looked it over really, really hard the last time. I could not take it from under anyone as I just risked my marriage, and sold off several guns over an Arsenal SLR-107F.

I cannot buy another gun for the next year!

That being said, if they had that rifle there last week it very likely would not be there now.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    well basically I'm looking for a shtf gun that I don't have to clean every time I shoot it and I haven't found an AK I like but saw the galil tonight and it felt pretty good. also I'm trying to keep it .223 if possible but I could deal with an AK if the price was right. I just find all the AK's I've handled the stock has been too short.

Do you already have .223 in your stockpile? If so, then the golani will be within your same ammo fort. The mags are pricey, but workable over time. The thing I liked most about the golani is that the milled receiver keeps some of the worst century mistakes from being made. And weight is about the same as a full wood stocked AK. The longer sight relief is also very tempting.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    andrew said they just got it in yesterday, and I know how fast EBR's go there thats why I'm trying to get opinions. and yes my ammo fort is built with .223:D

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    If you can, hold both! If you have an AR and want to use the same mags, the Keltec has the advantage. IF you do not and want a rifle that can take abuse, consider metal vs. plastic and look carefully at the Keltec for slog-through-the-mud reliability likelyhood.

But feel them both, because feel has alot to do with what works well.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I do have AR mags so thats why I was leaning towards the kel-tec but I couldn't find one in stock anywhere, then I find the galil in .223. In reading on the galoni's they seem to be hit or miss with mushrooming reciever's. but a lot of people are loving them. so I don't know.

Top Bottom