• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Since it was such a beautiful day I headed to Atterbury. I wanted to test fire my newly acquired PF9, so I could start carrying it. I ran 100 rounds of Georgia Arms 115 FMG, and 10 rounds of Black Hills 124 JHP ammo. All rounds where fired at 7 yards.

Recoil: It was defiantly a handful. It was expected though, with it being such a small framed pistol. My strong hand is defiantly feeling it.

Trigger: It was a little gritty at first. It is starting to smooth out though. I will have to get used to it being DAO. I caught myself a few times not fully squeezing the trigger. I'm used to transitioning from DA to SA. Or shooting SA only.

Accuracy: My groups where not the prettiest. However, I was able to put all my rounds on an 8" target. That's center mass, and that's what matters to me. I know it will get better with time.

Failures: I had 2 FTF's with the Georgia Arms ammo. Out of 110 rounds though, that's not to many. I feel confident, in using it as carry gun.

Overall: I was a little worried on how it would perform. I'm pleased with the results though. It was defiantly money well spent. I just now need to get 1-2 more mags. If anyone is in the market for a small light weight EDC pistol, or wanting something for back up. I would highly recommend one. Well see how it holds up over time.

Patriot

Last edited:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'd look into those FTF's a little harder; figure out if it is the ammo or the gun. I get nervous when my carry gun is involved in anything resembling a malfunction.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'd look into those FTF's a little harder; figure out if it is the ammo or the gun. I get nervous when my carry gun is involved in anything resembling a malfunction.

I'm positive it was the ammo. The Black Hills gave me no problems. The FTF's occurred when firing the Georgia Arms.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    The FTF's: was it light primer strike, or did the trigger fail to reset, or...?

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    When I first purchased mine I couldn't wait to get out to the range and test it out.... I ran 100 rounds of Federal 115 grain FMJ and 25 rounds of 147 grain Golden Saber hollow points and didn't have a single problem.... I did actuate the magazine release in the first 28 rounds but after that I didn't have a single issue with it..... I love my PF9 and it is by far the best weapon I have carried.... Highly recommended for CC.... Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.....

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The FTF's: was it light primer strike, or did the trigger fail to reset, or...?

The round actually nose dived in the magazine, so the slide was unable to load it into the chamber. If I would have had the same experience with the Black Hills, I would have thought it was a magazine issue. Hell, I only paid $10 for 100 rounds of the Georgia Arms ammo.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Any abrasion on the knuckles? The trigger guard on mine tends to rub the first knuckle on my trigger finger a bit more than I like.

I did take some skin off the the web of my hand. I would only fire a couple of mags at a time. Then run 3-4 through my Buckmark, then switch back.

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I just picked one up this weekend and got the Hogue Jr grip for it which may help a bit with the grip. I havent fired yet, but have read on several other forums that the recoil is snappy but tolerable.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I just picked one up this weekend and got the Hogue Jr grip for it which may help a bit with the grip. I havent fired yet, but have read on several other forums that the recoil is snappy but tolerable.

The Hogue Jr. really adds just the right amount of bulk to the sides of the grip.

I put mine on upside down as the space for my middle finger is too small when you have it on right side up.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I had a PF9 for a while, put at least 1000 rounds through it.

First, do the fluff and buff. All Kel Tecs should get this treatment. I had a P3AT that malfunctioned about every ten rounds until I did the fluff and buff, then zero problems. I did the same to my PF9. When I sold it, it had yet to malfunction. You can find the procedure online.

Second, when you practice, shift the back of grip so that it contacts slightly off center from where it's supposed to be - just a little to the hand side rather than the thumb side. You won't care about hand pain if you use it for real, but in practice you can consciously make that slight adjustment. Once I did that, it was no longer painful to shoot and the post range numbness never came back.

50apiguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    Clark County
    Since it was such a beautiful day I headed to Atterbury. I wanted to test fire my newly acquired PF9, so I could start carrying it. I ran 100 rounds of Georgia Arms 115 FMG, and 10 rounds of Black Hills 124 JHP ammo. All rounds where fired at 7 yards.

Recoil: It was defiantly a handful. It was expected though, with it being such a small framed pistol. My strong hand is defiantly feeling it.

Trigger: It was a little gritty at first. It is starting to smooth out though. I will have to get used to it being DAO. I caught myself a few times not fully squeezing the trigger. I'm used to transitioning from DA to SA. Or shooting SA only.

Accuracy: My groups where not the prettiest. However, I was able to put all my rounds on an 8" target. That's center mass, and that's what matters to me. I know it will get better with time.

Failures: I had 2 FTF's with the Georgia Arms ammo. Out of 110 rounds though, that's not to many. I feel confident, in using it as carry gun.

Overall: I was a little worried on how it would perform. I'm pleased with the results though. It was defiantly money well spent. I just now need to get 1-2 more mags. If anyone is in the market for a small light weight EDC pistol, or wanting something for back up. I would highly recommend one. Well see how it holds up over time.

Patriot
    shot one mag through mine a few months ago my ears are still ringing and i never did find the bullet holes in the paper plate i was shooting at :) good back up gun

Top Bottom