• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I thought for awhile about trading my PF9. Really don't think I will get rid of it though. It's cheap and wouldn't fetch as much money as it is worth to me.
    The main reason I considered getting rid of it is that it lacks double strike capability. In reality, it shouldn't be as much a deal breaker, but until I find something as small and powerful (and reliable), it's going to stay with me.

That is never a consideration for me. I never see a situation where I am not going to rack a new round in place, rather than give the old round another shot. If a gun has light primer strikes, I fix it or get rid of it. I don't see that double strike capability really adds anything.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I loved mine and only gave it up to go with a snubnose .357. It was just a decision between 7 rounds of 9mm and 5 rounds of .357, not about the quality of the gun. Ended up selling it to another INGO member who I understand likes it as well. That sucker sure does disappear in a pocket easy!

ifmurphy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    A guy I work with has a keltec and he said it's a good gun, but the break-in period was long. He also said that the slide release was very sticky and that he couldn't get it to release without using both thumbs (and he's a big guy)

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Carry mine in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster and forget it's there, not made to shoot a lot of rounds in a short period but a carry pistol that's not pretty but works for the money.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I shot a few, have seen a few flow thru the shop, but I will never own one.

If you are financially able to afford something better, make the upgrade.

That would be my advice.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Hmm....I'd be curious as to what 451_Detonics has to say about that. I shot his carry PF9 at a NWI meet and shoot. He claims to have put lots of rounds through it..(over a thousand?:dunno: I don't remember) The trigger pull on his was very smooth and broken in. He specifically recomended dry firing it ALOT to get the trigger as smooth as his.

I'm not saying you ar wrong, I just recall something different.

Do you think snap caps would solve the problem?

I do use snap caps when dry firing the PF-9 and I do shoot it a good bit as well. I prefer the A-Zoom Snap Caps, no other snap caps are more precise or rugged for all my guns. The round count on my just keeps going up, not unusual for me to put 50-75 through it each trip it makes to the range. Personally I don't think the recoil is abusive at all and it has never made my hand sore. About the only thing I have done to mine was to use an emery board to remove the sharp edges from the backstrap area.

pf9grip.jpg

JAH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    I love my PF 9 even survived a motorcycle accident Friday evening Sept 3.

Stayed snug inside my pocket unfortunately I did not fair as well as the pistol.

Top Bottom