• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I bought this lil gun about a month ago and today (thanks to a member here) I got to go out and run a few rounds through it. I picked this gun up used and it have very little ammo run through it, maybe 200 or so. I wanted to run some rounds through it and see what was needed before I did the Full buff thing, but I did take the time to polish the feed ramp as it was having some issues feeding hollow point ammo, and that is the point where it was sticking. A little mothers metal polish and a dremel tool and all was better.

I have a IWB holster and it carries good and does not print. I usually carry it with a shirt un-tucked. The gun is light even when loaded with 10+1. I bought an extended mag piece from Keltec and it does give your pinkie somewhere to sit and does help with stability of the weapon.

This is not a long range weapon so accuracy is not one of it's better points. This is one of those "Bitch get off of me guns" for close range encounters.

I did run about 50 rounds of Blazer Brass 115g FMJ through it with no malfunctions. All fed well and no FTF, FTE all went as it should in that department. We set up the target at roughly 10 yards and with a little practice I was placing all 10 rounds in the paper which was 8.5 X 11 in a fairly rapid sequence. Recoil is not as bad as what I was expecting, it does raise slightly but comes back to target rather quickly.

The trigger pull is loooooooooooong, but that is the only safety it has so I can live with that. It was something I was not used to at first, but learned to work pretty good by the time we left the range.

For the money,it is a good carry gun that will do the job. Is there nicer guns out there, yes there is. But for the price, I like it.

DSCN3207Large.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How was the "hand bite" for ya? Mine rubbed my hand raw in the webbing next to my thumb. Also, mine was very finiky and never wanted to feed right. I tried all kinds of ammo. Got rid of mine because it's just not a reliable gun. Didn't trust my life with it.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    How was the "hand bite" for ya? Mine rubbed my hand raw in the webbing next to my thumb. Also, mine was very finiky and never wanted to feed right. I tried all kinds of ammo. Got rid of mine because it's just not a reliable gun. Didn't trust my life with it.

No rubbing at all, but I do have rough hands due to working in the shop in the evenings so that may have made a difference. And I used Blazer Brass ammo and no issues what so ever. With what I know so far, I trust this weapon as a back up. I have heard on the small Kel Tec guns that if you do nothave a strong grip while firing it, it will give you problems.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    If you don't have one I highly recomend the little mag pinky extension. It made mine feel alot better and also talk to 4sarge, he knows someone who can do a trigger job for you. A good trigger makes that a different gun.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    After more than 100 down the pipe in my p11, I was hurting. I had a blister and scab from the first time I went shooting with it. :-) +1 on the trigger pull, ugh

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yea, the pinky extension helped with my grip, but I wasn't limpwristing her. I even let others try her and she FTF and FTE 8/10 shots everytime. I do recommend the pinky extension with extreme prejudice! It can make all the difference.

I'm just glad yours is treating you better than mine did me. I hope it continues to work great for you! :thumbsup:

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I did order one pinky extension for it to try it out. I will most likely use it at the range, but will use another mag when CC'ing. But it does feel a little better with it installed.

And as far as the blisters when shooting multiple rounds, I agree that one needs to shoot a weapon to get used to it and feel comfortable with it but it is not a range gun by any means.

Top Bottom