• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    This may be the year Kel-Tec will release in the third quarter, the CMR-30 rifle in .22 mag with a adjustable stock and will take the PMR 30 round magazines. I have been waiting since November 2009 to get one of these for a truck gun.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I played with one at the NRA show and was impressed with how solid it felt. I have wanted one since I heard about them. Sold my PMR-30 thinking it was more of a range toy than practical and figured I would use the money for the rifle. Pistols now double what I sold it for, money gone to other uses and rifles STILL not here.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I played with one at the NRA show and was impressed with how solid it felt. I have wanted one since I heard about them. Sold my PMR-30 thinking it was more of a range toy than practical and figured I would use the money for the rifle. Pistols now double what I sold it for, money gone to other uses and rifles STILL not here.

Like you, I have been waiting for a long time and Kel-Tec said the rifle should be out third quarter this year and I am not holding my breath, but hoping to see them for sale.

ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I was at the Indy NRA too and went by the Kel Tec booth. The Kel Tec rep handed it towards me and I declined telling him what good is looking at it if you can't have it! They are slow! He told me they are manufacturing all out and can't keep up. To which I said expand then, otherwise people like me give up and move on to something we can actually find to buy.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    MSRP is supposed to be around $570. Probably have to pay $700 to get one. I wish they would put more SUB2000 9mm's out there before devoting mfctr resources to another product.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    MSRP is supposed to be around $570. Probably have to pay $700 to get one. I wish they would put more SUB2000 9mm's out there before devoting mfctr resources to another product.

I agree with that price point & also agree that more S2k would be a great thing for the consumer. Also a S2k in 45ACP + adding support for the M&P line would rock my world!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In

I agree totally, be nice to be able to pick up a Sub2k for reasonable money.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Overall, Kel Tec quality and durability has always been an issue with me, but you get what you pay for. That's why a Sub2K in the $300 range isn't such a bad deal. You pays your money and takes your chances. However, paying $500 for a $300 firearm is not my idea of value. I'm amazed that the market is supporting such prices.

I've seen the occasional used SUB2k for $400 or so, but now that Kel Tec's lifetime warranty is for original purchasers only, I'm no longer even slightly tempted.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    In the long run, the cheap pocket pistols are what makes them their money - its their bread and butter.

They cant divert too much production capability away from the P3AT and PF9, or they would probably start hemoraging money.

Top Bottom