• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't know much about AK's. I'm still trying to read up on them.

My brother found one at work that a guy is trying to sell.

It's a Kassnar Import Hungarian under folder pre-ban
    Has the original box.

Are these a top or low end AK?

Is $1200 a lot for this?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Kassnar Imports (later known as KBI) was just that, an import company. They brought in several different types of AKs over the years. An original Hungarian SA-85M underfolder is something of a rare bird; if it's in excellent condition with all the original equipment, $1200 isn't out of line (I've seen them sell online for much more).

Does it look like this?
    DSC08113.JPG

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

I saw where one sold recently on Armslist for $1600.00, so $1500 isn't out of the question. If the guy is wanting $1200, see if your bro can talk him down to $1000; that'd be a steal, and even if he (or you, whatever the case) ends up not liking it, he can flip it and make money.

That being said, I don't care for underfolders AT ALL and wouldn't put $1000 into one, regardless of quality, if it was something that I was looking at actually using myself.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Kassnar is the only recognized importer of pre-Bush1-ban Hungarian AKMs. From what I have read only approximately 3000 total fixed stock and underfolders were imported. Don't quote me but I believe the underfolders made up 2000 of those.

They are highly sought after by AK collectors, and having the box is even better.

Personally if I came across one these days in that condition for $1200 I would have a very hard time passing it up. Actually my bank account would be down $1200 faster than they knew it!

If you like AK style rifles, that is one very collectible version your brother found.

Top Bottom