• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Just seen in the on like news that a Kansas City Kansas teen opened fire at a concert. I`m sorry, but a teenager with access to the parents gun stash is a no no. Mom and dad should be held accountable.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Just seen in the on like news that a Kansas City Kansas teen opened fire at a concert. I`m sorry, but a teenager with access to the parents gun stash is a no no. Mom and dad should be held accountable.
    NO, they shouldn't. What good would my guns do my teenagers if someone broke in the house while I was going to the store?

If the teenager had stabbed 10 people with a steak knife would you hold the parents accountable?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    NO, they shouldn't. What good would my guns do my teenagers if someone broke in the house while I was going to the store?

If the teenager had stabbed 10 people with a steak knife would you hold the parents accountable?

X2!

If my kids were ever raped, murdered, or attacked while at home and they couldn't defend themselves with my guns, I would hate myself forever. Parents are NOT to blame. Guns are NOT to blame. That's the problem with society today. People like the OP want to pin the blame where it doesn't belong. This is on the kid without a shadow of a doubt, in my mind.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012

It's a shame to know that if someone ever broke into your house, that your kids would be left defenseless ( if you have any? ). I can see locking up extremely valuable weapons, those that you collect and don't fire. But your home defense weapons should be accessible to everyone, otherwise, it's not much of a defense. There are quite a few news stories out there, where a kid or teen uses their parents weapons to defend themselves or their families. I even remember one where a little girl used her pink .22 to scare off intruders.
    The parents should have taught the teen better, and of course the teen should have been more responsible, and smarter, but they shouldn't be responsible for having weapons accessible.
    Of course, there are exceptions, like if you have toddlers, you want to keep them away.
    If they are old enough to understand responsible firearm handling, they are old enough to have one accessible to them.

ETA: I never touched my mother's or my grandfathers firearms unless I was told to, like to retrieve it for cleaning, or retrieve it to take outside to shoot. If you don't trust your kids to do the same, that's a parenting problem.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons

Well, the juvenile proly wasn't suppose to carry a FA or prolly was illegally carrying it (not sure about the Kansas laws.), it could be that it was taken without the parent's consent. This is a responsibility issue, hence the blame partly towards the parents.

The juvies were on a concert, not a hunting area or a shooting event so no reason to carry one.

shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Seriously Twerk Fest? "To “twerk,” according to the Urban Dictionary, is “to work one’s body, as in dancing, especially the rear end.”

Google Twerk Fest and watch one of the you tube videos.

3 am a bunch rowdy teens. what do you expect?
    Oh ya and based on the video and urban dictionary definition I'm guessing the majority in attendance were are a certain racial group. Dare I say... Black.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Well, the juvenile proly wasn't suppose to carry a FA or prolly was illegally carrying it (not sure about the Kansas laws.), it could be that it was taken without the parent's consent. This is a responsibility issue, hence the blame partly towards the parents.

The juvies were on a concert, not a hunting area or a shooting event so no reason to carry one.

That's how a lot of people are killed, assuming there is no reason to carry.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    That's how a lot of people are killed, assuming there is no reason to carry.

Hence I said it's a responsibility issue. There's no reason for these juvies to carry considering they don't have one, in addition to carrying it illegally.

I have no problem people using a FA for defensive purposes and this incident didn't sound like one.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

A FA? Fully automatic or firearm? So, just because YOU think we don't have a reason to carry a firearm, means I should leave it at home? If I'm headed to Walmart, I should leave it at home? If I'm going to Circle Centre Mall, where it is primarily teenage, wannabe gangbangers, I should leave it at home? Where do I have a reason to carry one? At the range? While hunting? When expecting to go ape **** and shoot people? Please send me the pamphlet that you have that tells when I have a reason to carry one.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    A FA? Fully automatic or firearm? So, just because YOU think we don't have a reason to carry a firearm, means I should leave it at home? If I'm headed to Walmart, I should leave it at home? If I'm going to Circle Centre Mall, where it is primarily teenage, wannabe gangbangers, I should leave it at home? Where do I have a reason to carry one? At the range? While hunting? When expecting to go ape **** and shoot people? Please send me the pamphlet that you have that tells when I have a reason to carry one.

I meant firearm for FA. Are you a Juvie? Are you a responsible gun onwer? If yes and no, I don't see a reason that you should carry one. Also, see my above post.

I just searched this but then again, I don't know that laws of that state.

What Are the Gun Laws in Kansas?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Seriously Twerk Fest? "To “twerk,” according to the Urban Dictionary, is “to work one’s body, as in dancing, especially the rear end.”

Google Twerk Fest and watch one of the you tube videos.

3 am a bunch rowdy teens. what do you expect?
    Oh ya and based on the video and urban dictionary definition I'm guessing the majority in attendance were are a certain racial group. Dare I say... Black.
    I'm afraid this is just another example of the lack of family values promoted by the effing Handout Liberals and embraced by many in the "Underprivileged" Community.
    The "dance" was a celebration of wanton sexuality promoted by Hip Hop artists around the Country.
    I hope they're proud of their "Disciples" and the misery they bring to their own people. :noway:
    In the meantime we legitimate firearms owners will pay the price for this stupidity with the further erosion of our Rights.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I'm afraid this is just another example of the lack of family values promoted by the effing Handout Liberals and embraced by many in the "Underprivileged" Community.
    The "dance" was a celebration of wanton sexuality promoted by Hip Hop artists around the Country.
    I hope they're proud of their "Disciples" and the misery they bring to their own people. :noway:
    In the meantime we legitimate firearms owners will pay the price for this stupidity with the further erosion of our Rights.

This....

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County

Didn't see anything in the article about teens that got the guns from their parents. Article said not much known about or who the shooter(s) were.

But still dovetails with the events at Castleton Square mall earlier.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...

I practically have total control over the home gun stash. Many of those are handguns. I'm 17. I'll never go on a shooting rampage. Please don't blame the parents. Think about how often this happens and realize milions of teens didn't take dad's shotgun and blow someone away (off their balcony, or through their door). HOWEVER, look at recent news about how a teen was home alone/babysitting a sibling, someone broke in, and the teen neutralized the threat. That scenario happens more than it seems. I've personally had to use an SKS to deter someone. If it was locked up, what might've happened to me?

Top Bottom