• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I have two Kahr pistols the P380 and the CM9. I've had the CM9 for a while and it was my EDC in a Shielded IWB holster for a good stretch. It was on my hip all day everyday.

I came from shooting mostly Glock so that long trigger pull took some getting used to. However, once I did, it has been great. The only modification I have made was putting on the rubber texture Talon grips, which I do on a lot of my pistols.

I have ~1k rounds through it of various, cheap FMJ. Mostly WWB and Federal with a good bit of TulAmmo thrown in there. No FTF or FTE yet...as long as I don't try to slingshot that first round.

I HAD to drop the lever to get it to chamber a round when I first got it, and even after 1k rounds it is still inconsistent in being able to chamber a round via the sling shot method. My main concern is having to do a tap, rack, bang in an emergency. This led me to carry my Shield once I got it in place of the CM9, also because its trigger was similar to the Glock I am used to.

In addition, I had issues with the standard 6 rd mag that came with it. The base plate kept coming loose and sliding forward when I went through extended periods of firing. I had to check it and slide it back into place lest it come apart on me. Easy enough fix, but just disappointed me in what, otherwise, was great quality for the price point. I think the mags are the same for the PM9(?) so I don't attribute this to the lower price point.

The slight differences in machining, barrel rifling, & the MIM lever were not enough to sway me to the PM9. I spent my money on a couple extra mags and some ammo to practice with. If the CW380 was available I would gladly make that same decision again rather than plunk the cash down that I had to in order to secure my P380.

I have no concerns over the reliability or accuracy of the firearm, and will admit that my overall experience with Kahr has been a good one. But the inability to perform a tap, rack, bang drill is making me lean towards selling my Kahrs and looking at other options. Even after 1k rounds it is way too inconsistent in loading via slingshot for me to rely on it. This is the only downside I see to the CM9. Otherwise, a great little gun that is actually fun to practice with at the range too.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Just bought a CM9 recently and really like it. It has been flawless so far. Not sure why you would need to spend the extra money for the PM9. Not that I would get rid of it, but if you just want a second Kahr, get the CM9.

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    I have the PM9 and the CM9, to me they are the same. The only issue I can see coming up is I like my XS night sites so much on the PM9 I'm going to have to cut a dovetail in the CM9 and install them on it also.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have the CM9 and am very happy. The PM9 comes with one extra mag., while the CM9 does not. The CM9 has standard rifling so lead bullets can be fired in it without any concerns, while the PM9 has polygonal rifling. The CM9 has plastic sights while, I believe the PM9 has metal.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I compared a CM9 to a PM9 side by side when I trying to decide which one to buy. I went with the PM9 for the overally looking real purty.

I decided that over the lifetime of ownership, I'd be happier with the prettier gun, and I was looking for a replacement for my very ugly PF9. Nothing wrong with the CM9 at all, and if dollars/performance were the only consideration, I'd go with the CM9 every time.

Top Bottom