• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    He is certainly an unapologetic originalist.

He once told the national bar association "I reserve the right not to have my views assigned to me as if I was an intellectual slave", as a response to people who told him he shouldn't oppose affirmative action because he is black.

The guy has a man card, no doubt.

ConfusinThis judge is black, anti left? And he's a constitutionalist originalist?

:dunno::n00b:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Yeah, not all black people fit into your preconceived racist mold.

Im just saying, if he's an originalist he would not be granted citizenship of the United States, as America was never intended to be a melting pot for "all peoples".

Im just dumbfounded a Black Judge would support the founders originalist desires for America. Going by the pre-amble, Thomas Jefferson, Washington, Andrew Jackson and even Abe Lincoln.

p.s. preconcieved, doesnt that imply making up my mind without knowing all the facts? :dunno:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    While I agree with Justice Thomas' assertions, why not take things a step further? Why should _any_ resident of this country (outside of a jail cell or other imprisonment) be deprived of the right of self-defense? That was the original intent of the 2nd Amendment, wasn't it? No weapons for convicted felons? They make enemies too, and usually more violent ones. If a violent felon tries to commit a crime and some bystander cancels his life-ticket, where is the injustice in that?

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    problem is these days, black folk need to protect themselves from younger degenerates of all colors. Wannabe gang-banger morons who only want to steal, sell dope and act like morons instead of working for a living.

Glad to see Clarence step up.

Exactly as I feel......

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Im just saying, if he's an originalist he would not be granted citizenship of the United States, as America was never intended to be a melting pot for "all peoples".

Im just dumbfounded a Black Judge would support the founders originalist desires for America. Going by the pre-amble, Thomas Jefferson, Washington, Andrew Jackson and even Abe Lincoln.

p.s. preconcieved, doesnt that imply making up my mind without knowing all the facts? :dunno:

You're mistaken, IMHO. According to Article I, Sec 8, Clause 4, the Congress has the power to establish a "uniform rule of Naturalization". However, considering that Justice Thomas was born here in America, he would not need to be granted citizenship; he had it the day he was born.

That the Founders' mistakenly failed to recognize that "all men are created equal" includes ALL men (and women) does not negate the fact that the color of a person's skin has no bearing whatsoever on his humanity nor his rights and if you wish to persist in this wrongheadedness, that is your prerogative, just as it is the prerogative of the rest of us to know and understand that such narrow and closed-mindedness is nothing more nor less than an enormous character flaw.

Those views might be welcome on other sites. For that matter, you're welcome to have them as a member here as well, though you might enjoy a better set of conversations if you kept such views to yourself.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Thomas has consistently been the most rigorous and principled vote for freedom and the Constitution on the Court.

As to the racism of gun control, he makes a good point. The history of gun control springs from racism, as the first gun control laws targeted blacks. And now, by the left's own dogma, gun control laws are de facto racist because of the disparate impact they have on minorities.

RomanDad

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Orange County CA
    Thomas has consistently been the most rigorous and principled vote for freedom and the Constitution on the Court.

As to the racism of gun control, he makes a good point. The history of gun control springs from racism, as the first gun control laws targeted blacks. And now, by the left's own dogma, gun control laws are de facto racist because of the disparate impact they have on minorities.

If anybody has any questions about the current racist motives of gun control, take a look at my state of California.

I have been fighting our concealed handgun law since I was a victim of a brutal violent crime in the city of peace love and Happiness, San Francisco, in 1993.

In brief, our law gives the power to local county sheriffs to decide if an applicant has "Good Cause" and "Good Moral Character" to have a concealed weapon permit. The law was passed in the 1920's with the EXPRESSED purpose to prevent "Chinese, Latins and aliens" from carrying guns. By putting the Sheriffs in charge there was a wink and a nod that only the "right type" of politically connected (read Rich and White) would exercise the right.

sf-chronicle-article.png

But surely that cant be going on now?

Heres a little statistical review we've put together....

http://romandad.com/ccwoc.pdf

Im sure even in Indiana you know the demographic differences of the cities of "Compton" and "Malibu".

If you are white.... Rich.... Give a little Sumthin sumthin under the table to the Sheriff- You have good cause to carry a gun. If you arent- You dont have "Good Cause".

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Well. racism being whatever it is to whom ever cares is moot.

We can look at crime spikes and race, and see a trend.

We can also look at the lawful citizenry and how these "permits" do infact infringe upon the right of Americans who have no desire to be criminals.

I wonder if I'll ever see the day when a criminal doesnt own a gun, because that would be unlawful. Let's be realistic about these things folks.

Top Bottom