• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hillnc01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    FT. Wayne
    Did the price of 9mm ammo jump up like it has recently during the last shortage or was it just difficult to find? I'm somewhat new to shooting so I haven't experienced anything like this.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I bought a 1000rd case of Speer Lawman 115gr TMJ for $225 two weeks ago, but I have not found anything near that since. I think before the madness 1000rds of factory brass cased ammunition was running around $250. It's over $350-400 now, which is insane. I don't recall it ever being this hard to find in stock from major companies.

quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Did the price of 9mm ammo jump up like it has recently during the last shortage or was it just difficult to find? I'm somewhat new to shooting so I haven't experienced anything like this.

Yes and no in a way. Some of the big retailers (like Wal-mart), some of the online retailers, and some of the local gun stores (the good, honest respectable ones) usually keep their prices pretty much the same during the "panic" periods. Availability is the big issue with these guys.

Then you have the others (local and online) that charge the stupid insane prices during these periods. And the over-all demand allows it. Availability is an issue with them as well, because there are people out there that will pay the over-inflated ridiculous price.

This has happened before and it will happen again. Shop wisely!!!

Last edited:

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    It did. It think it is a tad worse this time around, at least in terms of the lack of guns in stock. Last time, the biggest hits were AR15s and such, this time everything appears to have taken a big hit in terms of supplies

Top Bottom