• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chandler01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2021
    Gary
    Around the end of last year I got the itch for a centerfire bolt gun. After looking at pricing and availability for ammo, I decided to go 308 instead of another caliber. I found out that there seems to be a real scarcity for 308 rifles. After doing some research, I had settled on either a Bergara B-14 HMR or a Tikka T3x CTR, or Varmint. Unfortunately, I couldn't find either in stock in that caliber anywhere. After weeks of trying to find something, I decided to go with a Bergara B-14 Timber. I ordered from the only place I could find it, at the time, Wholesalehunter.com. I immediately got an email saying that they were backed up and it would take a couple of weeks to process and longer to ship. As the weather sucked and I didn't plan to go shooting with it soon, it wasn't an issue. 2 weeks later I got an email saying the order was finally at the warehouse for processing and 2 days later my CC was charged. The next day, they sent me an email saying my order status had changed to backordered :(

So I got the money back on my credit card and luckily found the rifle in stock elsewhere. Ordered it and while it took a while, I finally received it on Thursday. Got it all setup and ready to shoot later today, but unfortunately will need to rethink my scope setup, or get an adjustable cheek rest. Taking it out today to break in the barrel and see what I think and then will see what I need to do to get the scope/cheek situation corrected.

Anyway, a couple of pics:

erd6uIy.jpg

h7UTXa7.jpg
    Very good looking rifle

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Around the end of last year I got the itch for a centerfire bolt gun. After looking at pricing and availability for ammo, I decided to go 308 instead of another caliber. I found out that there seems to be a real scarcity for 308 rifles. After doing some research, I had settled on either a Bergara B-14 HMR or a Tikka T3x CTR, or Varmint. Unfortunately, I couldn't find either in stock in that caliber anywhere. After weeks of trying to find something, I decided to go with a Bergara B-14 Timber. I ordered from the only place I could find it, at the time, Wholesalehunter.com. I immediately got an email saying that they were backed up and it would take a couple of weeks to process and longer to ship. As the weather sucked and I didn't plan to go shooting with it soon, it wasn't an issue. 2 weeks later I got an email saying the order was finally at the warehouse for processing and 2 days later my CC was charged. The next day, they sent me an email saying my order status had changed to backordered :(

So I got the money back on my credit card and luckily found the rifle in stock elsewhere. Ordered it and while it took a while, I finally received it on Thursday. Got it all setup and ready to shoot later today, but unfortunately will need to rethink my scope setup, or get an adjustable cheek rest. Taking it out today to break in the barrel and see what I think and then will see what I need to do to get the scope/cheek situation corrected.

Anyway, a couple of pics:

erd6uIy.jpg

h7UTXa7.jpg

One of my LGS has one in stock in 30-06 and I spent some time fondling it when my son was looking for his. VERY VERY nice rifle. That stock has a great feel!

Hope I get to take a couple shots with it. I'll bring my own ammo, WT!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Still need to look at the action screws. Scope mounts were all set per instructions with the rail and rings, but I'm going to double check them as well. Just ordered a new optic for the gun, so will be doing a new job of mounting the new scope. We'll see what we see.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I love the old wood, and steel...I get tired of plastic fantastic sometimes....Love my M&P 9c, but love my Security Six too! Love the classic looks of wood rifles....you can see Jack O'Connor, or Robert Ruark shooting that.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Not a great pic, but here's the gun with the cheek riser and new scope (Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5x25x50):

C3193kf.jpg
    Oh wow. And look at that dang scope. Nice rig! That's about the only kind of thing that makes sense, in this ammo environment.

Let me know when you want to sell. After it's broken-in, of course .. ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Oh wow. And look at that dang scope. Nice rig! That's about the only kind of thing that makes sense, in this ammo environment.

Let me know when you want to sell. After it's broken-in, of course .. ;)
    Thanks and I don't think so. You might be mistaking me for churchmouse (or T-DOGG, or doddg, or....) :laugh:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Finally got back out to the range and put another ~21 rounds through the Bergara. I think, after the 80 rounds I put through the gun in the previous 2 trips, the rifle is finally broken in. I had one group at 1.1" during my last range trip and was hoping that the next trip would be better. This trip, I finally got 2 groups that are sub-MOA. Both shot at 100 yards:

8RVj6Px.jpg

bkgzQMy.jpg

The three shots to the right of the first grouping was my first shots of the day. Just getting the scope zeroed in. The 3 shot group on the sticker was my next group, the second pic was my last group of the day. The rest of the groups were using different ammo and were nothing to brag about at 1.5 - 2" groups. At least I now know what ammo the rifle seems to like and when I can do my part, the gun will shoot sub-MOA.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It’s nice to see that rifle settling in and delivering great accuracy. I can’t wait to see this one and the Tikka stretch their legs out to 400 or more yards.

Top Bottom