• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    Hey all, just ordered my first true gun belt a few minutes ago. Bought a kydex reinforced tapered belt from comp-tac. I'm pretty excited since I have been only using regular dress belts thus far for IWB. The belt seems like an excellent addition and if it's quality is anything like my MTAC, it will be well worth the money. Anyone else here use their belts or have any comments on them?

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    What's the damage $?? I need to get into a better belt. I have a few some are better than others, but I need an everyday belt for carry.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The most overlooked component to comfortable concealed carry is the gun belt. Wear a good gunbelt, with double leather or a kydex reinforcement and you can carry a full size steel gun all day with reasonable comfort, the belt makes the holster work better. People really don't seem to grasp the concept that a sturdy gun belt can support the gun an distribute the weight around your waist . . . until they try a real gun belt.

I think you'll find the money you paid is money well spent.

Please give us a review after you wear it a few days.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    The most overlooked component to comfortable concealed carry is the gun belt. Wear a good gunbelt, with double leather or a kydex reinforcement and you can carry a full size steel gun all day with reasonable comfort, the belt makes the holster work better. People really don't seem to grasp the concept that a sturdy gun belt can support the gun an distribute the weight around your waist . . . until they try a real gun belt.

I think you'll find the money you paid is money well spent.

Please give us a review after you wear it a few days.

I agree 100%. If you have a nice holster and think it is solid and comfortable wait until you try a gun belt, it takes it to another level. I have a crossbreed supertuck and a beltman bullhide and it is a rock solid setup.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    remymartin: Ran me $80 plus shipping.

melensdad: Their currently running a 3 day waiting period plus shipping so it might be a week or so before I get the belt to try out, but I will definitely give my thoughts on it after a few days of wear.

runandgun44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I just ordered one from 511. It is 1.75" leather casual belt with an insert they call permastiff. (kind of a funny name, makes me think back to my honeymoon.) It was around $40 plus shipping. Looking forward to trying it out with my daily carry. I'm not sure how it would compare to a comp-tac though.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I just ordered one from 511. It is 1.75" leather casual belt with an insert they call permastiff. (kind of a funny name, makes me think back to my honeymoon.) It was around $40 plus shipping. Looking forward to trying it out with my daily carry. I'm not sure how it would compare to a comp-tac though.

lapolicegear.com has those on clearance for $4... limited sizes, but I picked one up along with some of their LAPG brand tactical shorts for $5. I also picked them up when they were running 15% off. Not a bad deal.

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    My comp-tac belt is great. I carry from when I get up until I go to bed and it has made my m-tac that much better. My only complaint, and I don't know if it is feasible, is that the kydex stops short of the holes in the belt. I thought they would be all the way to stop the holes from stretching but it stops just before them. The leather is double thick and the holes on my belt are holding strong, but I have only been wearing the belt since June. I'm sure it will hold up fine but I would have liked to have seen the kydex all the way through. Either way I still recommend the comp-tac belt to anyone who carries regularly.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    just a quick update for everyone:

Comp-tac yet again amazes me on their excellent customer service. I ordered my belt yesterday evening and I got an email today saying my order is complete and will be sent to the post office tonight. When I ordered, they quoted me a 3 day production time so I'm quite pleased with the speed in which my order was completed. I'm hoping my belt will be here maybe by next tues or wednesday.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    another update for those interested, although it doesn't look like too many :) got the belt in the mail this afternoon and I must say the quality is excellent. after my initial "looking over" of it, I immediately grabbed my holster and tried it out. you guys weren't kidding! the difference in comfort and the way the gun rides is a TON different. Definitely worth the money spent on it. I'm looking forward to wearing it and breaking it in over the next few days and I'll comment on it after a few days wear.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The most overlooked component to comfortable concealed carry is the gun belt. . . blah blah blah

. . . got the belt in the mail . . . I immediately grabbed my holster and tried it out. you guys weren't kidding! the difference in comfort and the way the gun rides is a TON different. . .

See, I told you so :rockwoot:

Do me a favor, give us an update after you wear it for 3 straight days --then go back to your old belt on day 4-- then write up a review on day 5 when you are wearing a real gun belt again.

In just a few minutes you realized what I said was true, but only after wearing it for a full day will you understand how, at the end of the day, it can still be very comfortable. Give it the 5 day test I describe above and then fill us in! :yesway:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    See, I told you so :rockwoot:

Do me a favor, give us an update after you wear it for 3 straight days --then go back to your old belt on day 4-- then write up a review on day 5 when you are wearing a real gun belt again.

In just a few minutes you realized what I said was true, but only after wearing it for a full day will you understand how, at the end of the day, it can still be very comfortable. Give it the 5 day test I describe above and then fill us in! :yesway:

Would love to read that also

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i just got conf from blade tec that my gun belt is being shipped also. cant wait a nice leather belt with the kydex insert and i got it for 42 bucks can't beat that compared to a lot of prices.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    you won't regret it grunt soldier. Today was my first full day wearing mine. Your hard earned money will be well spent.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I think once I get some spare funds I'll have to get myself a decent carry belt too, my old broken down Dickies Work Belt just won't cut it, though I love the fact that it has a double row of holes to distribute the stress more, and the holes go the length of the belt, so no needing a new belt IF I ever lose the weight I want, heh.
    It just doesn't seem to be up to long term carry, way too flexible.

Malaggar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Eminence / Monrovia
    What I use

I use a double wrapped very heavy duty 1.75 inch web belt made by 5.11 for around 40$ and it works wonderfully holding up my gun compared to something like a thick dickie's belt or what have you. It is also super comfortable to me because you can adjust it exactly how you want it, not rely on having the "right hole" to fit your waist, and it is easy to tighten and loosen as needed on the fly without undoing your belt.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom