• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Meena

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Central IN
    We have taken more young bucks off the farm we hunt the last several years and left the does alone and this year we had more mature Buck sightings then ever. We laugh and joke now that we should have been shooting every Buck we see.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    We have taken more young bucks off the farm we hunt the last several years and left the does alone and this year we had more mature Buck sightings then ever. We laugh and joke now that we should have been shooting every Buck we see.
    Numbers don`t lie. There were only a small percentage of Hoosiers that "double-dipped", but the trophy guys claim that the obr has turned Indiana into a monster buck mecca. They`re delusional.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Numbers don`t lie. There were only a small percentage of Hoosiers that "double-dipped", but the trophy guys claim that the obr has turned Indiana into a monster buck mecca. They`re delusional.
    LOL....that's funny stuff you made up! Weak....but funny!

Explain how the OBR has stopped you from shooting your inferior Deer.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    The only problem with Indiana whitetail seasons is there is way to much gun & muzzleloader season. :twocents:
    2 weeks & 3 weekends is to much , then 5 day break & back to 2 weeks & 3 weekends of muzzleloader season.
    Firearms season should be shortened, along with muzzleloader season.
    Just my :twocents:

I know In the area I hunt we don’t see the number of big bucks like we use to & that was when you could harvest 2 bucks.
    To much pressure for bucks to make it .

So the one buck limit didn’t help our area.
    To many small blocks of woods and a hunter in each of them if not more.
    They don’t stand a chance to grow up.

I pass a 2.5 yr old in hopes he grows up and he goes the the next woods and he’s dead.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I have a buddy, south of Monroe, that has encouraged me to come hunt his deer managed acreage. I told him he shouldn't worry about me taking his trophies, as I was in it for the meat and I'd just take does. He said nope, it'd be better for me and him, if I'd take a young buck.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    How is this,makes no since and actually the other way around.
    with a one buck rule,isnt there more bucks to give you a chance to kill one?
    Roughly 90% of all bucks are taken with some type of firearm and these gun hunters are only allowed one buck. The percentage of bow hunters that would actually take another buck with a gun is insignificant. Like I said before, if you're not a bow hunter, the law didn't affect you.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    The only problem with Indiana whitetail seasons is there is way to much gun & muzzleloader season. :twocents:
    2 weeks & 3 weekends is to much , then 5 day break & back to 2 weeks & 3 weekends of muzzleloader season.
    Firearms season should be shortened, along with muzzleloader season.
    Just my :twocents:

I know In the area I hunt we don’t see the number of big bucks like we use to & that was when you could harvest 2 bucks.
    To much pressure for bucks to make it .

So the one buck limit didn’t help our area.
    To many small blocks of woods and a hunter in each of them if not more.
    They don’t stand a chance to grow up.

I pass a 2.5 yr old in hopes he grows up and he goes the the next woods and he’s dead.
    How long has this been in place? The two weeks, (three weekends) each during firearms and muzzleloader? For as long as I can think of. I don`t know that that is an issue. I`ve heard the trophy guys whine that Indiana needs to model the illinois seasons, which are MUCH shorter than ours, i.e., offer MUCH LESS hunting opportunity that we do. To that I say "Oh HELL NO"

And if someone looks at the percentage of hunters who "double-dipped" when Hoosier deer hunters could take a buck with archery gear and with a firearm, you cannot come to any conclusion except that those who took 2 bucks made a very insignificant dent in the buck population each season. I`m surprised the trophy guys aren`t whining about the bucks that young hunters take during the youth season. That would fit their M.O.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    How long has this been in place? The two weeks, (three weekends) each during firearms and muzzleloader? For as long as I can think of. I don`t know that that is an issue. I`ve heard the trophy guys whine that Indiana needs to model the illinois seasons, which are MUCH shorter than ours, i.e., offer MUCH LESS hunting opportunity that we do. To that I say "Oh HELL NO"

And if someone looks at the percentage of hunters who "double-dipped" when Hoosier deer hunters could take a buck with archery gear and with a firearm, you cannot come to any conclusion except that those who took 2 bucks made a very insignificant dent in the buck population each season. I`m surprised the trophy guys aren`t whining about the bucks that young hunters take during the youth season. That would fit their M.O.
    If they want so much firearm season then break it up .
    Like a fri sat sun in early season and so on .

I’ve been hunting for over 35yrs and have never liked all the firearm season .
    Firearms season takes up over a 3rd of the total season.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    If they want so much firearm season then break it up .
    Like a fri sat sun in early season and so on .

I’ve been hunting for over 35yrs and have never liked all the firearm season .
    Firearms season takes up over a 3rd of the total season.
    I`ll vote for keeping it exactly as it is. Look, Indiana has a LOT of Pope and Young and Boone and Crockett bucks taken every season. And that ought to satisfy the trophy guys. I personally want Indiana`s deer season to be about opportunity. The opportunity for any hunter to kill any buck or doe that makes them happy. They paid for their deer tag just like the trophy guys, and they ought to be able to have as much opportunity as possible to kill a deer that they want.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Roughly 90% of all bucks are taken with some type of firearm and these gun hunters are only allowed one buck. The percentage of bow hunters that would actually take another buck with a gun is insignificant. Like I said before, if you're not a bow hunter, the law didn't affect you.
    I am a bow hunter and not a clue what the heck your trying to say.
    How is the one buck rule bad again?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I am a bow hunter and not a clue what the heck your trying to say.
    How is the one buck rule bad again?
    It`s bad because there`s no biological reason for it, it is simply to appease the trophy hunters. They`re not bright enough to grasp that it has no effect on their goal of trophy bucks everywhere, and it simply delays when those bucks will be killed.

Top Bottom