Just me? or do we all feel like this sometimes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Do you ever feel like you are suffering from information overload?

Ever wanna disconnect and go back to being uninformed sheeple?

I follow several survival sites and several gun owner sites as well and it seems the bad news is growing everyday.

I used to think i was pretty well prepared and preps were going good, but it seems everyday as if the balloon is about to go up and my current status isn't ready enough.

I am sure many get these same feeling and just hold it in, but here lately it has been causing sleepless nights and my mind wanders all day going through different events as if looking at my preps from the outside and trying to determine if I am ready.

I think I am going to disconnect for a week and see if my head balances itself. Am I the only person this happens too??

WHY OH WHY DIDN'T I TAKE THE BLUE PILL???
    crybaby.gif

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    Yes

The more I know, the more I want an escape. For me the escape is the pleasures we have today and realizing that in the future we won't have them to enjoy. I turn my knowledge and the frustration that can come with it, into works, in preparing. Some times it goes the other way too. Preparing can get weary unless you have the knowledge.

The Duty we ( the HOH's) are called to, will take us far from the existence we know today. Looking at My children and letting them experience all that I deem appropriate, so they can look back and remember this freedom. It's not the freedom I know, or should say Knew, but it is free compared to where we are going. It goes into my teachings and the example I leave them with. Knowing that some day memories are all they will have and today I am making those memories with them. I don't candy coat life, I am often what others call "hard on them" but in other ways I am preparing them for a future. I pray for them, it gives me comfort to know God is watching and guiding.

But that's just how I deal with it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Same here.

Don't watch the news for a week and see your outlook go up
    and your blood pressure go down.

Try to stay clear of the computer...... it's hard not to check here
    everyday however. :)

If you have the tube on just watch an old movie.
    Take the kids to the park (weather permitting) etc.

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    It is certainly not just you. I was where you are before and I did "unplug" for a while because I had to get myself under control. Now I just monitor what I take in and only listen to or watch what I consider to be the best outlets (inlets) available.

This has been a rough month so far and I am going to KY to see the grandkids (and their parents) this weekend and I will try to just chill and enjoy them while also dropping my imprint on them. Some times you just have to take stock of what is really important and smell a few roses.

My $.02

United

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    i totally feel the same bud. Seems I prepare and then think, well what if x happens or what if I'm in this scenario. It can drive you mad, make you depressed and a lot of other things. Just got to do what you can and hope for the best.

I keep telling myself I'm not going to certain websites today or I'm not going to watch the news today..but it never pans out. Just need a good week in the woods with no TV, no Blackberry, no internet and lots of alcohol.

whipfinish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Brother, you are NOT alone. I think it's safe to say that fellow INGO members have joined this forum to stay informed and connected to others like us that feel put upon by events that we cannot control. You have to take some comfort knowing that your diligent preparation for future unknown events will benefit your family and friends. You cannot expect to see the future.

Take some time to do what you really love to do and do it with people you want to be with. We will be guarding the door, awaiting your return.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I don't think I'd make a good sheeple any more.

What is known cannot be unknown.

However, there are ways to manage the anxiety. Sarcasm helps.:D

daddysmallbucks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    SE Marion Co
    My head hurts now...

And for those of you like me, Who were like, "What in the hell is a Sheeple?" Here you go:​
    Sheeple is a term of disparagement, a portmanteau created by combining the words "sheep" and "people."
    It is often used to denote persons who voluntarily acquiesce to a perceived authority, or suggestion without sufficient research to fully understand the scope of the ramifications involved in that decision, and thus undermine their own human individuality or in other cases give up certain rights. The implication of sheeple is that as a collective, people believe whatever they are told, especially if told so by a perceived authority figure believed to be trustworthy, without processing it or doing adequate research to be sure that it is an accurate representation of the real world around them. The term is generally used in a political and sometimes in a religious sense.

**In the South Park episode "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce", a satire of 9/11 conspiracy theories, George W. Bush refers to the American people as "sheeple".:dunno:

IndianaWoodsman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    East Central
    I do not want to be "uninformed". I spent most of my years (up till the running for this past election, or as I truly believe, appointing) not paying attention to conspiracy theories, and considered them just that. But for some reason things started to click this time around. I have come to realize that democrats and republicans are just politicians. And politicians are crooked.
    I didn't really start prepping till January. All of my preparations focus on my BOB and whatever else I can carry on my person. I have grown up hunting, trapping and farming so I am not worried about storing food. I also am figuring on a worst -case scenario where I will be on foot most of the time and all the food gathering would be a waste of time.
    I don't know if this helped you or not Mike, but with time running short on the world as we know it, I cannot afford to be on the uniformed list.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    The same for me. I can't un-know what I know, and I can't go back to being a sheeple knowing what I know. I have to know, and I feel that I have to make sure that my wife and son know what the truth is, too.

Top Bottom