• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • "ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Just got my permit today in the mail. I have a question, in the license type it says "Lifetime Pers. Protect.". I'm allowed to open carry and carry concealed right? This is all that I need correct?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just remember the 10 rules of handgun safety:
    1-13.jpg

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    haha those rules are awesome. I was litterally laughing my ass off. The dumb kids and monkey ones are the best though.

And chris, yeah work pending Ill at least swing by for a little bit. Id say we should go shooting this weekend, but I dont think Troys down to have another shoot at his house tomorrow and also Im saving most of my reloads for when i go to Louisville next weekend

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    It will be spring before we have a shoot at Troy's again. It will give me time to reload some more ammo. I am down below 20,000 rounds... I still need to shoot my new 556 and I have a Noveske on the way. Did you see the picture of Gooch with Palin? That was a good trip to Florida for him.

Last edited:

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    ya know, its really not that uncomfortable for me. The one thing is, that its kinda wierd getting used to the fact that its on my persons now. I know its problably normal, but I do feel kinda nervous but Im sure that you grow out of it after a while.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    ya know, its really not that uncomfortable for me.
    That really depends on the holster. I've found that a good holster can make the gun vanish and feel as if it is not there, a crappy holster will bother you every time you move, you'll feel it and the gun will weigh you down. OWB holsters are generally more comfortable than IWB holsters but sometimes an IWB is the only way to reasonably conceal.

I know its problably normal, but I do feel kinda nervous but Im sure that you grow out of it after a while.
    Yes, you eventually just get to the point where it is completely normal.

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    the first day (last night) went pretty good. Before we left the house, I made sure with my girlfriend that she was comfortable with me carrying because that to me is number one. We went out to meijers, blockbuster, and then went inside for a bite to eat at McAllisters. It went really well, I had no problems and Id say that after about the first hour or so, I was pretty accclimated to the firearm on my waist. I was carrying concealed and without a round in the chamber. My view is that I want to get used to carrying before I start carrying cocked and locked. Baby steps I guess haha.

But all and all it went great and Im really happy that Im able to exercise this right.

Top Bottom