• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nomadicmutt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Walked away from Gander Mountain (yes, I know. hush.) with a SIG P250 "2sum" pack w/ night sights for $650. The next guy to buy a 2sum will pay $699 (w/o the $100 night sights) because of some clerical error that tagged my box $150 under the actual sales price.

:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

IMG_6163.jpg

nomadicmutt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Audie and i were looking at this set when it had first come out. I didn't like the trigger too much,seemed like a very long pull.

Yeah, I bet if you're used to SAO triggers it'd be totally awful, but I'm mostly used to double-action revolvers and striker guns, so longer pulls are fine with me. :D

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Seems like a great deal. I have not priced these, but (essentially) 2 guns for that price is hard to argue with. I know the trigger mechanism is what you swap between them and that is the serial numbered part, but for all intensive purposes 2 guns.

How easy is it to swap the trigger mechanism between them?

nomadicmutt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    It's not hard, once you get the stupid takedown lever out.
    In the subcompact frame it's not too bad, but in the full size frame I almost have to use some sort of tool to get it rotated and then pulled out of the frame.
    Once that lever is out, though, it is incredibly easy. Probably a 10- second operation to get it from one frame to the other.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I was really confused for a second as to where the trigger on the compact one was...

...then I read the other posts. Neat idea.

nomadicmutt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Range update: took it to pop guns yesterday to put some rounds through it.
    The thing is amazing. Subcompact frame is manageable and the full-size is a beast! Absolute tack driver.

Still working on my stance (I learned the old cup-and-saucer method from my grandpa and have always had issues with recoil control, so I'm working on getting used to the modern reverse-weaver and boy do I shoot better that way) but the first mag with the full-size frame left a 1.5" hole in the bullseye at 21ft.

Top Bottom