Just a heads up. Shadeland area and 465.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Got a call this morning ISP are out with the IMPD pulling people over in the area and taking them down the road to the walmart parking lot for Vehicle Inspections. :patriot::laugh:
    From my understanding they are moving it somewhere else tomm, When I find out the location I'll post up.

Yes I routed all my trucks around this.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Sorry mostly DOT anything over 9k.
    But IMPD is running the unmarked in the same spot to get the regualr cars/vans/truck

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    More than one shadeland 465 area, right?
    Not sure where Wal mart is on it.
    Kets just say from all of the east part of 465 that should clear it up.

ISP can stop any commercial truck at any time for a VI.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    WOW, thats a load and a half. Could be. I wonder how many get through in compaired to those that get caught.
    Thats just crazzy. And a dumb driver.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    ISP"Truck" 9001 and up are out with the IMPD: 9000 and under "generally"

About refusing Inspection, you all can deal with that. My trucks are open doors to any one that wants to look they just slow my busines down, while they are on the road.
    Just posting up. If this becomes a this that thread. Just delete and have fun with the tickets.lol

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Did not mean to imply a this or that thread Newman. Just I drive a Puckup with 11000# tags... And just curious how this plays out with me being a not for hire/ non commercial truck.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    anything over 9000 punds is required to have a US Dot number regarless of your buisiness of lack of business. You can and will be ticketed just like a semi.
    So you are commerical by the books.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    anything over 9000 punds is required to have a US Dot number regarless of your buisiness of lack of business. You can and will be ticketed just like a semi.

If the vehicle is not involved in a "commerical" business no DOT number is required.

Also:

Commercial motor vehicle means any self-propelled or towed motor vehicle used on a highway in interstate commerce to transport passengers or property when the vehicle— (1) Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating, or gross vehicle weight or gross combination weight, of 4,536 kg (10,001 pounds) or more, whichever is greater;

Part 390: General - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administrationhttp://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regu...xt.aspx?chunkKey=0901633480023892&keyword=CMV

Unless he is hauling "reportable quanties" of hazardous material it would not be defined as a "CMV" by FMCRs. Therefore he would not need DOT numbers.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County

IDK about that, I know both of our F250's are plated over 9,000 lbs. But i do believe they are also farm plates.

Top Bottom