• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Local shop has taken in a STI Lawman 4.0 . Looks like there is a scratch on top of the slide, no idiot scratch. Looks someone put a Big Dot up front and a U notch plain black rear sight. My preference for a rear sight. The slide feels so Smooth, fit seems to be exceptional from what I can tell No mim. All steel. I ran some rounds through it at 3 yards it was basically one hole for all 12 shots. No ftf or fte seemed to run very well. I HOPE THE MOUSE IS NOT LISTENING, but it is a 9 mm felt recoil was non existent and follow up shots were poa poi even double taps and rapid fire.

I am having a hard time not picking it up. I have looked an I am not able to find any historical sales data so,would $900 out the door be in line or a pass?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Not much sales data makes me wonder if you pass, when/if you’ll get the opportunity to buy another. Sounds like you enjoyed shooting it. I vote jump on it.
    Had wanted one in the past but could never come by one. I hate to say it but man it shot really nice I mean soft almost like a 22 LR.

I checked with STI although they are out of the single stack business they said if any issues were to arise they stand behind what they sell regardless of first or second owner.

$900 is a chunk of money and I could have our guy go through it and and re coat the slide for less than $150.

The lack of sales data leads me to think that people did not part with them after purchase.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Buy it you will most likely never see another.
    Yup told them when I come in to pick up our Sons Christmas gift tomorrow I would be adding that one to the check out cost.

Thinking about it I like that they do not appear to be a dime a dozen, and with xyz imports bringing Ridiculous amounts why not less than $1k for a made in Texas 1911.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

It was a $1450 pistol 9 years ago, if it's in good shape I would buy it. Don't see many STI guns up for sale and for good reason as they are shooters IMHO.
    You might be thinking of a different gun. The Lawman's sold for around 800.00. They have been selling used though for upwards of 1200.00 recently.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    You might be thinking of a different gun. The Lawman's sold for around 800.00. They have been selling used though for upwards of 1200.00 recently.

I was just going off the article I posted they said what the MSRP's were at the bottom. The street price being lower does not surprise me , STI's used to have a lot more wiggle room on pricing

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    A buddy of mine has one, loaned it to me as a secondary for an automatic weapons operators course we were teaching a couple of years back (I flew in, so I was only toting my Shield Plus - perfectly OK pistol, but not something you want to show off with during instructor demonstrations). Didn't do a lot of shooting with it - probably only 2-300 rounds over the five day course, but it ran like a sewing machine and gave typical 1911 accuracy with 9mm recoil.

I don't know what the used market is on one of those now, but, sometimes you just have to get what you want.

BlueDrew2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Hancock Co
    I had picked up a used STI spartan (their entry level single stack at the time) used in .45 while I was down in TX. Absolutely love that pistol. I would recommend jumping on any of their firearms with my experience. I will add while I was down there, there was one shop that had a good reputation for STI work/accessories, Dawson Precision. Not sure the aftermarket coverage but I have a set of fiber optic sights on mine from them and have no qualms in recommending them.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    True Gun Value website doesn't have enough sales data to estimate a value but it does show 2 sales in the last year and both were over $1000.
    JMO, FWIW, I’m seeing 3 on TGV. All sold within the last 9 months 2 -4.0’s and 1 -5.0. Range from 1026.00 for a 9mm to 1200.00 for the 45, 5.0.

As you said not enough data for marketing value. But still only 3 in 9 months gives me some clues.

Best of luck with your decision to the op.

eta: yes only 2, 4.0’s

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    For $900 I would jump on it. Doubt you would get that kind of quality from any off the shelf $900 1911. I have a STI 4.0 9mm and love it. It doesn't hurt that is a Churchmouse/AllenM collaboration, it runs like a champ and havnt had a single issue.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    For $900 I would jump on it. Doubt you would get that kind of quality from any off the shelf $900 1911. I have a STI 4.0 9mm and love it. It doesn't hurt that is a Churchmouse/AllenM collaboration, it runs like a champ and havnt had a single issue.
    Just the front strap checkering was a huge part in the decision to make the purchase. I know it shoots well but still getting dropped off tomorrow to have everything checked and gone through.

Will post some pictures when I get it back.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I had picked up a used STI spartan (their entry level single stack at the time) used in .45 while I was down in TX. Absolutely love that pistol. I would recommend jumping on any of their firearms with my experience. I will add while I was down there, there was one shop that had a good reputation for STI work/accessories, Dawson Precision. Not sure the aftermarket coverage but I have a set of fiber optic sights on mine from them and have no qualms in recommending them.

STI / Staccato actually hired Dave Dawson in 2018 to "fix" the 2011 and Dawson Precision is the company that designed Staccatos current optics cut pattern. IMHO Staccato would not be as sucesful as they are now without Dawson

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I haqave been shooting a (an?) STI 9mm Trojan for many years. Incredibly accurate, tight, smooth, great trigger. STI is great if you can find one. Grab it!

Hassiebawked

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 18, 2019
    South Central Indiana
    Local shop has taken in a STI Lawman 4.0 . Looks like there is a scratch on top of the slide, no idiot scratch. Looks someone put a Big Dot up front and a U notch plain black rear sight. My preference for a rear sight. The slide feels so Smooth, fit seems to be exceptional from what I can tell No mim. All steel. I ran some rounds through it at 3 yards it was basically one hole for all 12 shots. No ftf or fte seemed to run very well. I HOPE THE MOUSE IS NOT LISTENING, but it is a 9 mm felt recoil was non existent and follow up shots were poa poi even double taps and rapid fire.

I am having a hard time not picking it up. I have looked an I am not able to find any historical sales data so,would $900 out the door be in line or a pass?
    I’d jump on it. It’s money in the bank either way.

Top Bottom