• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this pistol, and maybe how I can date it? The owner of the company I work for, gave it to me to clean and test. He has been having feeding issues with it. He is is 81 and doesn't even have the strength to pull the slide back. I'm guessing the feeding problems might be to his lack of strength to firmly grip it. The only numbers I can find on it are 222. They are stamped on the inside of the frame in 2 separate spots.

Thanks

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Looks more like a [SIZE=-1]Sauer Model 1913. The 38H has a [/SIZE]cocking/decocking lever.

See: Sauer 1913-1930 Pistols

It has the same safety as the M1913 V3. No visible serial # on the outside though. I don't think the wood grip is stock though, and wonder if the number is under the top of the grip? Almost appears the grip is glued on though. There is the 222 inside the frame, but I don't think it's that early. I did send Sauer an email, and contact through Facebook. I'm growing fond of it, might see if he wants to get something more user friendly for him, and see if he'll sell it to me.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    Looking at the shape of the trigger guard, the single pin above the trigger guard and the the slide lock, I think you have one of the latter versions of the Model 1913 the Model 1926, Model 1929 or Model 1930.

It looks like the grip does cover serial number.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Gave it a light cleaning, put some Lucas gun oil on the slide, and took it to the range. On the 2nd shot the case didn't make it completely out of the gun, and the 3rd round didn't feed properly. The 1st magazine of ammo was in the pistol when he gave it to me. I then ran 50rds of new ammo through it without an issue. Very smooth, and accurate. Motioned the range officer over and his eyes got big when he saw what I had. Let him fire a magazine through it, and it made his day. He appreciated the well made piece of history.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Email from Sauer,

Dear Sir,

J. P. Sauer & Sohn is the company with the longest history of manufacturing premium quality weapons in Germany.
    Founded 1751 in Suhl/Thuringia it experienced an eventful past in the last 260 years.

Until 1950 there was a wide range of defensive, military and hunting weapons built in Suhl. At the end of World War 2 many production facilities were destroyed because of arson, among them the archive.
    The company was expropriated in 1947 and left the Eastern Sector of Germany to move to Eckernförde in the very north, where the fabrication of rifles and shotguns went on from 1951 until autumn 2009.

Only since this relatively short time J. P. Sauer & Sohn has been working here in Isny/Allgäu- in the deepest south.

That’s the reason why we do not have any information about pre-war guns, neither does Eckernförde.

Yours sincerely,

Dorothee Holland-Merten
    Empfangssekretariat

Top Bottom