• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    My local class III dealer has some of these in stock for a pretty reasonable price. He says they are on par with Gemtech. :dunno: Anybody out there have any input or ideas on this ? I was wanting one in .22 for my Ruger 10/22, and Walther P22. Thanks in advance !

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    I have a suppressed Ruger 77/44 from John. Very nice rifle. Accurate, well finished and rugged. It has been my deer rifle for the past 6 years and has held up very well internally to a lot of .44spl and .44mag loads. I only wish he still made them.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Sweeeet!

Suppressed (silencers) Firearms: Is it legal to hunt with a suppressed firearm?

That depends. The short answer is Yes…..if the hunter possesses a class III federal firearms license to own such devices. The use of a suppressed firearm (silencers) for hunting is illegal for anyone that does not possess such a federal license.

Wisconsin law does not prohibit the use of a class three suppressed weapon for hunting. Federal Law controls the legal possession and use of a class three suppressed weapon. The individual and weapon must have proper verification and certification of compliance from the Department of the Treasury, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. If the individual complies with all requirements of Wisconsin law, Wisconsin hunting regulations and Federal Law he may hunt with a class three suppressed weapon.

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    The DNR's own FAQ in Wisconsin on silencers. The DNR was kind of freaked the first time they spotted my friend and hunting with suppressors, I had my Ruger and he had an AR (no mag restrictions either). They made a quick phone call to check and gave us the go ahead.

I've talked to F&G in Kentucky and they said there is no law prohibiting it there either, however I have not done a search myself on this yet.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

That depends. The short answer is Yes…..if the hunter possesses a class III federal firearms license to own such devices. The use of a suppressed firearm (silencers) for hunting is illegal for anyone that does not possess such a federal license.
    Hmmm.... still trying to wrap my mind around that. As its not a license to own one, its a tax stamp. The way I read this is that you can't possess one unless you are an SOT FFL.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Not in Indiana, read the 2009 Hunting Guide, if you don't believe the guide, call your District Headquarters for your area, phone number listed in guide.

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    John's Guns

I have a John's guns integrally suppressed 77/44 in 44 magnum and it shoots like a benchrest rifle. With 9.0 grains of Trail Boss and a 250 gr Sierra Tournement bullet, 100 yard groups are less than 1". Velocity is around 1000 fps and recoil is less than a 22LR. Quieter than my pellet gun. I didn't know they were out of business. I just sent my 77/44 back to them last year to have the new "K" baffles installed and they were able to return my gun in 2 weeks. Great people and great products. :yesway:

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I have one of Johns also. He makes alot for the military. I think they are the finest by far. They are quieter than any others

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    My Local Class III (Harders) sells them. He has a Walther P22/Johns Guns suppressor/Insight light laser combo that is extremely affordable even with the tax stamp. A couple of local folks have the suppressed 77/44's.

handloader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Ohio
    Need to contact Rick983 with question.

I have an older John's Gun with the washer/spacer set up. I put a weigland base on it, but do not care much for it. Additionally, I have a US Optics SN4 1-6 scope sitting at the house to mount on the rifle.

What kind of rings are you using, and for what size objective.

Did the newer K-baffles reduce the sound much, increase accuracy, enhance the preformance of the rifle???

I am having good luck with HP-38 with a 240g XTP but the velocity is slow (850-900fps).

ricksalisbury01@yahoo.com

harrissr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    i have an integrally suppressed 10/22 from john. it has been one of my favorite rifles.i originally had a norrel f/a pack in it ; sold the pack and now run it in semi. is a great shooter ; wish it could be a squirrel rifle but for now it is just fun.

Top Bottom