• ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    Howdy howdy, finding myself back in the job market after 8 years on a stable remote IT project. Humble reminder when a project is wrapping up that we are all really contractors in the end. Sometimes the contracts are just longer than others. I think I'm equal parts thankful and frustrated.

Anyways, my goals are remote program and/or project management and I have experience in the same.

I'm decent at resume writing and interviewing, but really exploring how to use LinkedIn to its fullest along with the AI tools now available.

Please let me know your experience or ideas when beating the bushes looking for your next role.

Thanks!

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Get your rezz on a board like Career Builder, Indeed, Zip Recruiter, etc. These days you'll get endlessly harrassed by Indian recruiters, but some attractive opportunities can come out of it also. The daily pestering might also locate you another contract position while waiting for something better. Most will be for relocation, but I do find companies are using things like Indeed more and more. Our company started doing that when the company website just couldn't generate enough leads.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    Get your rezz on a board like Career Builder, Indeed, Zip Recruiter, etc. These days you'll get endlessly harrassed by Indian recruiters, but some attractive opportunities can come out of it also. The daily pestering might also locate you another contract position while waiting for something better. Most will be for relocation, but I do find companies are using things like Indeed more and more. Our company started doing that when the company website just couldn't generate enough leads.
    Tracking. Definitely done that and get those calls. :) Sometimes that's just the front end, then they connect you with the company recruiter.

Such a game!

From what I can tell, LinkedIn and Indeed seem to be the biggest/most used job boards but I've got my resume out there on probably 10-12 of them for good measure.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    My last two gigs I got through Aerotek Indy office. (317) 419-6946
    They got me what I wanted both times. I don't know if they do IT?

Top Bottom