• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    I wonder what they will have left, the vendors that do the 1500 will do 2 or 3 shows bettween from all the excitement till the show. So the pmags and black rifles will be high or gone.
    I am looking for 5.56 62 grain, so far it's .50 ea or NONE.
    Also my look for a Glock 17, I am a Glock 23 and shield carrier, but might like that 17.
    See YOu There!!
    I should get a table, I make in ear, filtered plugs.......

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    If I go, it will only be for the opportunity to hang out at the INGO booth, and stare in astonishment at the buying frenzy.

draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    I am going to be taking about 4 guns with me to try to sell so i can upgrade my collection. Hopefully with the large crowd expected to be there, i can get these guns sold Fast!

richwin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Lebanon
    I haven't been to 1500 in about a year, and I don't think it will be any fun in January. All I need to do is find my wife a handgun for her to carry. Hopefully, the panic buying won't bleed over to handguns.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Mail order ,the best gun show there is. Indy 1500 can be great depends what your looking for but now,madhouse yes it will be stupid,all gun shops are that way now,But I dindnt like the price raise to get in ,,too much for me now, though I'll go to see the party this time [might be a last show]get things to 'supply' me thru some years if there is anything to be had for normal prices.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I will not ever go to another Indy 1500 show. Too much to get in and it makes me feel like I have to buy something since I already dropped the coin at the door. Plus the prices are too high.

itsgreg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hudson
    It will be a mad house, just like the Jan. 2009 after Obama was elected the first time, at that time it was just the thought that he may do something.
    This time around is the real possibility that he will do something.

Let's hope the dealers will not take advantage of the situation, but I suspect they will.

they can only take advantage of a situation if people are willing to pay what they ask. The price of guns ammo or anything is set by the buyers not the sellers.
    If you were selling your old car and everyone said they would pay $5000 for it, maybe you thought you would only get $1000 for it. what would you sell it for?

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    Went to the last one and I wasn't impressed. This one with all the stuff going on is not going to be fun at all. Either hit Bradis or this new gun shop in Mooresville to see what he has.:dunno:

snakeeye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Traders Point
    Three Ring Circus

I went to the Indy 1500 a few months ago and had to wait in a line around the building. I can only imagine how it will be at the next show. These shows are simply no fun for me; I usually just shop online (SOG, AIM, Cope's, Glen's, CTD, Natchez, etc.).

indygoat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Clermont, IN
    Of course they will! It's business in a capitalistic system. Price is set by demand. Profits increase when demand increases. Profit is the goal. Kipling wrote lines similar to this:

If he play, being young and foolish,
    Take is money, my son, praising Allah.
    The fool was born to be sold.

If one wants it, one will pay anything for it. The seller makes a nice profit. You would do the same, wouldn't you? It's just business. :)

You're exactly right, I would do the same. But doesn't mean we can't complain about it. ;)

Top Bottom