• Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    On 24 :D

Did anyone see it?
    Her character was all pissed about a computer/phone tracking computer going back online. Got all indignent and screaming about a violation of the bill of rights....the Jack Buaer set her straight about having to bend the rules for the good of the country.

Was that a real defense of the BOR or just a backdoor attack on defending it????

I'll be back in few hours to see your take.

Discuss......

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    On 24 :D

Did anyone see it?
    Her character was all pissed about a computer/phone tracking computer going back online. Got all indignent and screaming about a violation of the bill of rights....the Jack Buaer set her straight about having to bend the rules for the good of the country.

Was that a real defense of the BOR or just a backdoor attack on defending it????

I'll be back in few hours to see your take.

Discuss......

I bet she strongly defends 1 & 4. I bet she is more than willing to bend, if not break 2. I also bet she is willing to bend on 4 when it involves people who try to use 2.

I think that about does it.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

Yep, that is obvious. I assumed that such an outspoken celeb would never let her script go far from her politics. She is too big a name and too outspoken a personality to allow that to happen.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Rush said she was bragging that she refused to meet Rush when he visited the set of 24. The only problem with her story was that Rush hadn't visited the set in a couple years. Of course Ms. Garofolo has only been on the show this year. Apparently she is a bald faced liar.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Saw it, I got somewhat hooked on this show quite a while ago.

BUT, this is my LAST season viewing it, too much "go green global warming eco-crap" and then the addition of the Giraffalo bimbo, I am done with it after this season, if I make it all the way through the rest of this season?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I think color had a factor in this......
    Green.
    She's being paid for reading her lines. I just wonder how many takes it required.

While I didn't throw up I was stunned and confused..then I rememebered it was just a TV show.....(which made Tony he bad guy:xmad:)

Anyway I was wondeing if it was an attempt to show that sometimes the bill of rights needs to be bent (Jack's rebuke of her).

I too am sick of the preaching between commerial braeks. I may have to tune out the next year as well.....

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    none of you ever heard of TIVO?

Just record it and start watching it about 25 minutes from it being over. That way you can fast forward through all crap-mercials.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    none of you ever heard of TIVO?

Just record it and start watching it about 25 minutes from it being over. That way you can fast forward through all crap-mercials.

FOX on Demand

Resolution on Fox on Demand is good enough to watch on a 32" screen, and they only play one 10-30 second commercial during the breaks in the show.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I did not see it. I've never watched 24 and don't intend to do so. No particular reason, I just don't.

Given the quotes above, I'd say that this was a clear attack on the Constitution, as amended. I cannot justify ANY "bending" of the supreme law of the land.

If we "bend" on any of the five freedoms of the 1A out of "necessity" (i.e. "for the good of the country"), then what stops us from "bending" on the RKBA? Quartering of troops against the wishes of the homeowner? Unreasonable search and seizure? Self incrimination? Ex post facto? Habeas corpus? Public trial? Jury trial? Cruel and unusual punishments? These were the twofold purposes of the 9A and the 10A: Peoples' rights are unlimited to the point that those of others are infringed. Government powers are strictly limited, such that if a power is not explicitly spelled out in the Constitution, as amended, that power does not exist and the use of it by government is unConstitutional. Perhaps if our "powers that be" were more strictly held to this standard and were to butt the hell out of other countries' affairs, rather than act like the biggest, baddest MFer on the block, we would not face the wrath and ire of other countries. Perhaps we would, I don't know. We might face their wrath because of our wealth and prosperity... although our current and recent administrations have squandered that.

I do not fault America. I do not fault those who signed up, who volunteered to defend her. I fault the politicians who put re-election before rights, who disregard their oaths for the sole purpose of lining their own pockets. I hold naught but contempt for those who do this and frankly, I don't think I'd p!ss on them if they were on fire.

"Actors" and "actresses" who use their fame gained under the freedoms those documents protect to attack those very freedoms I hold in only slightly less contempt, if only because they just capitalize on a situation the politicians create.

Blessings,
    Bill

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    What Bill said. I don't care if it's Garofolo or Bauer. For the good of America or not. The first or the second. Liberal or conservative. Do not infringe them. Period.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    The whole show has a lot of anti-Liberty messages in it. Almost every episode, 24 makes a point to show how the Constitution gets "in the way" of protecting us. Two weeks ago, they attacked the 4th amend. when someone demanded a warrant before the FBI was allowed in their home. The FBI chick in charge made a comment about "it's for their safety" and, if I remember correctly, told the agents to go in anyway.

FOX is not your friend, nor is the rest of the MSM.

Top Bottom