• ...and so much more!
  • GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Normally don't post in this thread, but I read a short (and I think good) interview with JY.

THIS is the link to the scanned pdf from the mag.

HERE'S the link to get more info about the mag.

Say what you want, but the man has my respect. Yeah, I said it...

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I read the article. Good stuff.

I agree with Yeager on safety. One of the things I harp on. I can make a range so safe that you'll get zero training value whatsoever. I despise all these range rules. The 4 suffice. They are even redundant. Good on him for pointing that out. We preach and stress 360 degree awareness then boot a guy off the range for turning HALF of that.

Safety is not the most important thing in a training environment.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Thirty seconds of trying to read that white-on-black type, and I'm seeing black and white stripes everywhere. It's like staring at that picture that you see on the internet and looking away and then it's Jesus when you didn't know you were looking at Jesus. (But it's James Yaeger, which is almost the same thing.)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    He has a solid point on the training issue. Different ranges serve different purposes. When I introduce a new shooter to the sport I keep them in a very restrictive environment so as to teach them to pay attention and I can watch them more closely. When I look for a location to train more advanced skills, I will be looking for a place that allows the freedom of motion that he brought up because I have the foundational skills already ingrained.

theblackknight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Getting training is great. Training is really good when it comes from a skilled and legally credible instructor.

You know, like someone who goes ranting online about killing people and get his pee pee slapped by a judge.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thirty seconds of trying to read that white-on-black type, and I'm seeing black and white stripes everywhere. It's like staring at that picture that you see on the internet and looking away and then it's Jesus when you didn't know you were looking at Jesus. (But it's James Yaeger, which is almost the same thing.)

I tried to rep you for that. :):

Top Bottom