• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    Saw this at Ivy Tech. Looks like they need some suggestions. There are some real good ones!
    IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0507.jpg

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    hmmmm I wonder if our campus has one of those! I will say, out of the other options, that one is the best thought out idea. "More chairs" and "padded toilet seats"? Seriously...those are not matters of life and death! :rockwoot:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I suspect that Ivy Tech's administration is among the most anti-gun of all of the colleges in the state. I don't think any amount of student or faculty input will change this. I think the only thing that will set things right would be if the bill that Johnny Nugent introduced last year were to become law (the one that bars gov't from proscribing lawful carry anywhere on their properties). It almost passed the senate last time (Bill of Rights knows more about this), and hopefully it will get another chance in 2010. We need to do everything we can to motivate our state senators and assemblymen to support such legislation.

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    concealed means concealed right??

as a past student I would have to say that there are some students "hint, hint" who carry concealed anyways. whats the worst that could happen you are found out and find yourself seeking to attend a different school, or maybe you possibly get to protect yourself and not be a victim while trying to learn.... gotta love gun free zones, I mean victim zones! that is why online university seems so much better now. who is gonna tell me I cant carry at school sitting at my home computer??:):

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    that is why online university seems so much better now. who is gonna tell me I cant carry at school sitting at my home computer??:):

Exactly! I open carry my AR to my Ivy Tech (online) classes and don't have to worry about a thing. Heck. I even show up naked to class sometimes :):.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    That is what I figured...

I'm just picturing how quickly you'd be committed after showing up on campus, naked, with an AR slung across your shoulder! :laugh:

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I think carrying on campus is a great idea. Just think if there would have been someone with a gun and a LTCH sitting in one of the classrooms at VA Tech a few years back. Maybe only one person would have died.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think carrying on campus is a great idea. Just think if there would have been someone with a gun and a LTCH sitting in one of the classrooms at VA Tech a few years back. Maybe only one person would have died.

I'm thinking maybe as many as 2 people, depending on how fast a rate of fire was involved, and one murderous subhuman creature not worthy of the name.

I figure it would have taken a defender one person to realize the threat. Maybe a second while he got past the "thisisn'thappeningohf**kyesitis!". Then the murderer would have been bleeding out on the floor, problem solved.

Blessings,
    Bill

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom