• ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    People spelling it RIFFLE...
    I will be honest, I have never seen it. Then again, in general I avoid forums with the word "General" in it and I guess I must be a better judge of what threads/authors to avoid?

RIFFLE is amateur hour compared to using the term SHOTTY. Maybe it is the same people? Maybe we should start keeping lists and find out? I would be good with signing a petition to ban those member offenders for life.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    loose instead of lose! Did you loose your rifle?

Anyways instead of anyway.

Irregardless instead of regardless.

"Deja vu all over again" instead of just Deja vu!

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I'm not in school nor am I an English teacher so I don't really give a damn. As long as I can read it, I don't have a problem if someone spells a word wrong. Just another chore I leave to the "perfect" people out there who seem compelled to constantly police the internet for missing punctuation marks or misspelled words. :)

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I'm not in school nor am I an English teacher so I don't really give a damn. As long as I can read it, I don't have a problem if someone spells a word wrong. Just another chore I leave to the "perfect" people out there who seem compelled to constantly police the internet for missing punctuation marks or misspelled words. :)

Yeah, actually being able to understand and communicate with someone is greatly overrated. :rolleyes:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So, I was sitting here on the internet reading about spelling peeves. So, doesn't anybody else wonder why so many opening sentences start with "So". So, I guess maybe it's just me. So. . . .nevermind!

Uncle Lee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Tell City
    I just don't like grammer police.
    They keep me from posting and answering questions a lot.
    Even when I see a question answered wrong.
    Don't sweat the small stuff. There are bigger things that NEED to be sweated.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Its, ca'nt, ect., and spell Czech

What the heck! If you're just illiterate and don't care if the world knows, keep trying! Somebody will figure it out and you can always blame a teacher, eh? :rolleyes:

Uncle Lee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Tell City

Amen!

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I have another word-choice that annoys me; "toys". As In "I got to shoot my new toy today" or, "I bought me a new toy today in the classifieds, a barley used 600 dolla glock" .

Firearms are weapons or tools, not toys. Every time I see a firearm refered to as a "toy" I picture the owner as the worst example of a gap-toothed hillbilly.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave

++1 C-Man--I mean, what the heck, this is a gun board, NOT a spelling test...........AND....YES...Spell Check is my friend..Bill.

Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    I love it when someone has a rant about spelling then SCREWS the pooch on the title :D

Its is It's:laugh::laugh::D:ingo:
    +1
    Man im luvin dat. id sa funie. Don't we have more important things to rant about rather than making fun of someone. Some people remind me of school kids. It just proves they are insecure in themselves in some way and need to make fun of someone else to feel better. Grow up.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I have another word-choice that annoys me; "toys". As In "I got to shoot my new toy today" or, "I bought me a new toy today in the classifieds, a barley used 600 dolla glock" .

Firearms are weapons or tools, not toys. Every time I see a firearm refered to as a "toy" I picture the owner as the worst example of a gap-toothed hillbilly.

Just because some people call a certain firearm a toy doesn't mean they are a hillbilly. In fact a firearm isn't even a tool. It is a weapon. ;) A tool is a hammer, screwdriver, wrench, ratchet, etc..

Some people commonly refer to a firearm that is not their carry weapon as a tool because it is just something fun to play with. Next time you're out shooting try to get a smile on your face and take the seriousness down a bit. Not everyone thinks they have to be tacticool G.I. Joe with their lasers, flashlights, 5.11 pants, tactical vest, and boonie cover when they go out back to shoot at a piece of paper.

Sometimes people just like to have fun. That's one reason we fought World War II. :yesway:

As far as all of the grammar goes, it's a freaking computer. You use your fingers to try and type out the words and sometimes those fingers slip. Sure most of the people really don't know how to spell something but I'm willing to bet nobody on here goes 100% without making a grammatical error. Hell event he OP made one before he started whining about other people's error's. And I consider a grown adult whining far worse than a grown adult who makes grammar mistakes on a firearms forum. The Consitution doesn't state you have to be smart to own a firearm, just American.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Boy! Is she ever a GOOD kisser ! ! !

I date a gap-tooth hill-billy woman. I LOVE her accent, esp. in the sack. I don't care how she pronounces it or spells it, "OOohh Gawd! OOohh Gawd!" really is a turn-on. And I have a "tool" that she considers a "toy" & vice versa. But, yes, improper use of language does say a LOT about you. To me it's as big an affront and mental stumbling-block as misusing GLOCK and COLT, or transposing the two.
    I think that firearms are weapons or tools, not toys. Every time I see a firearm refered to as a "toy" I picture the owner as the worst example of a gap-toothed hillbilly.

Top Bottom