• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yea....the first time that happens is a bummer.. then you think Cool...I saved 65 cents. The worst is when the kid at the store calls you sir with that tone of respect in his voice when what your expecting is a HEY MAN WHATS UP is that all
    When young whippersnappers call me sir, I say,
    "Don't call me sir, I work for a living".

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’m the oldest guy at work, some of the welders are right out of high school. Almost every day, I’m talking to one of the young guys and telling them some random story, and they’ll ask “when was that”? Almost everything exciting in my life happened at least 20 years before those guys were even born!

I was telling a bunch of them about the 1974 tornadoes just the other day, at least they act like my stories are interesting.

Lpherr

Occupied
    I’m the oldest guy at work, some of the welders are right out of high school. Almost every day, I’m talking to one of the young guys and telling them some random story, and they’ll ask “when was that”? Almost everything exciting in my life happened at least 20 years before those guys were even born!

I was telling a bunch of them about the 1974 tornadoes just the other day, at least they act like my stories are interesting.
    We have to endure the old timers.:fogey:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    You can believe, none of these young people pay attention.
    Generally, you’re correct, but I have actually ran into a few that want to learn from the old guys, and even the ones that don’t, and think they know everything, will eventually reach a point where they go “wow, that old guy years ago was right”!

I know because I was like that when I was young. :):

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I think I posted this before. Maybe not. My 22 year old daughter went to the liquor store a couple weeks ago and didn't get carded. She came home and told me she felt old. I told her I was in there a couple hours later and got carded. I had just shaved, so that might have had something to do with it. I turned 59 about 5 minutes ago. :D

Lpherr

Occupied
    I think I posted this before. Maybe not. My 22 year old daughter went to the liquor store a couple weeks ago and didn't get carded. She came home and told me she felt old. I told her I was in there a couple hours later and got carded. I had just shaved, so that might have had something to do with it. I turned 59 about 5 minutes ago. :D
    So moral of the story, is your daughter needs a shave? :scratch::stickpoke:

Top Bottom