• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Alright y’all, it’s been a really long time since I’ve posted on here and glad to be back!
    I’m looking for some education in the Italian single action army clones. I‘ve picked up some revolver interest and I’m really liking the SAA but don’t want to shell out big bucks for a colt. I’m interested in .357. Mostly would be a range gun. I ride horses and have thought about having one for trail riding. So let the info roll in

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The good Italian clones are for the very most part very well made and as accurate as the originals or better based upon improved metallurgy and parts fitting. Uberti, Cimarron and Navy Arms come to mind as well as Taylor’s and Co. for good clones.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Looks of good YouTube videos comparing originals to replicas but I'll save you some time, all the Italian copies are good value and great fun! I would say there are more different versions available now than when these were new designs but I wasn't around then so can't say for sure!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    The shop I worked at sold the uberti clones. And I have to say we sold quite a few! If I were to buy one, I’d look at the uberti “el patron” it’s a custom shop version with a trigger job, and I have to say it’s really nice!

Or not really a “Colt” clone, but the Ruger Vaquero is a great option, plus you mentioned horseback riding, the ruger might be a better option, made in America plus parts are here in America, the problem with the Italian (or any foreign gun) can be parts availability, if they’re not in America there’s no telling when they’ll be back in stock just my 2 cents!

I have a vaquero and also 2 eaa bounty hunters (one 22 and one in 44 mag) but haven’t shot any of them( I inherited them) they all feel nice and look good.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Many years ago I bought several EAA SAAs from a friend. They were only about $250 then and cheaper than the Uberti models. They were well made and fun to shoot. I let them go as my interest slowly moved onto other platforms but I’d buy another if the price was right without hesitation.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Hey y’all, ended up getting a Uberti stoeger they had in the case at rural king. 357. I took it out and put some rounds through it and damn is it fun! Both 38 and 357. 357 was way more fun! Didn’t shoot any paper but was able to hit a soda can can repeatedly at 20 yards . I think I have a new firearm addiction. Now I need a matching lever gun.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Not all Italians are created equal .Uberti,Pietta for pistols & rifles Pedrsolli for long guns Just bought a piece of crap Italian and had to re work everything .The hammer would not touch the nipples ,cylinder would not lock .all fixable things .They make conversion cylinders to change cap&ball to ctg. guns =double your fun ..
    Cimeron & Taylors don't make guns ,Uberti & Pietta make them fore the importers .
    Their were Are other brands that are made
    but are likee kit guns if you are handy and can gunsmith them

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Not all Italians are created equal .Uberti,Pietta for pistols & rifles Pedrsolli for long guns Just bought a piece of crap Italian and had to re work everything .The hammer would not touch the nipples ,cylinder would not lock .all fixable things .They make conversion cylinders to change cap&ball to ctg. guns =double your fun ..
    Cimeron & Taylors don't make guns ,Uberti & Pietta make them fore the importers .
    Their were Are other brands that are made
    but are likee kit guns if you are handy and can gunsmith them

That's unfortunate.

I never came across an Italian where the hammer would not touch the nipples. Of course, those were Italians of the open top variety.

Top Bottom