• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Gotta tell you, guys, I see both sides of it.
    On one hand, it is ludicrous that you can work your whole life to pay for a home and some land, and then the local government can order the poor sheriff to come and evict you for not paying taxes.
    On the other hand, one of our basic duties as citizens is to obey the law of the land. And that includes paying taxes.
    I remember not so many years ago our senator Dick Lugar was running for president with a crazy idea. eliminate all income and property, and all other taxes, shut down the irs and the state depts of revenue's income and property tax devisions, (how much money would THAT save?) and instill a 17% sales tax on everything but food and meds. If you wanted item x, then you knew going in you'd be paying 17% on it. and if you didn't want to do that, don't buy it.
    It would have revolutionized our economy into a supercharged capitalism machine, kept grandma in the old family homesite, kept money in your pocket, and made our world a simpler place.
    Needless to say, he had a snowball's chance in hades with that one.
    Our forefathers erred when they allowed income and property taxes to be made constitutional, and we err every time we have the chance to fix it and do nothing. You all know eliminating property tax is before our legislature right now. Call and write your reps and state senators...

I believe that is called the fair tax law and it is actually getting alot of atention. It is the most equal fair tax out there. If you don't have the money to buy something, you don't get taxed! The problem is all the tax attorneys, IRS and accountants, what would that do to the unemployment rate? And the bigwig tax lobbiest in there behalf have done very well keeping it on the Downlow!

-Medic

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I don't mind paying for services, which is what EMS/Police/School, etc provide.

The Gov't shouldn't have the right to take someone's land based on property tax.

I'm not sure I completely agree or disagree with this logic. If you own your property free and clear, and are self sufficiant on your own land, other than tax on good you purchase what pays for the police, fire, ems that you might call to your house for HELP on day? I know that is all goes into the same pot, but logic says vehical tax/registration is justified by road repair, traffic lights, ext. What pays for the services that THE MAN does provide for you? There is some good that comes out of lawmakers and governers, right?!?

However I do understand the point that is trying to be made too!

Good read, and debate!

-Medic

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    All of that for taxes....

Yeah, but no one died there (not that it wasn't tried).
    Here is a good read about a man who lost his life as a result of getting pulled over because he "funeral jumped". I am by no-way deffending the departed, however it does show how something simple snowballs into a death!

I can understand why some LE are Dicks...they never know when they might face death eye-2-eye, even on something very routine!:draw:

-Medic

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I don't mind paying for services, which is what EMS/Police/School, etc provide.

The Gov't shouldn't have the right to take someone's land based on property tax.

I don't disagree with you, nobody should loose their life over property tax issues.... but when is enough/enough?

He had not paid in 8 yrs!!! I'm sure they sent a letter or two prior to that. He did break the law (as stated earlier) there is a balance btwn right and wrong logically and being a citizen and not a lawbreaker.

I hear your point....but what is the straw that breaks the camels back?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    We pay state tax for police, fire, school, and government.
    We pay county tax for police, fire, school, and government.
    We pay sales tax for police, fire, school, and government.

Do we really need property taxes for police, fire, school, and government?????

April 15 I believe!!!

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    If you think someone joins the military or LE for the money....
    A large percentage do it for the right reasons. but...
    I know for a fact they don't do it for free regardless of how patriotic or noble they are. I have very strong respect for leo and those that serve. However they are no better or worse as people than any one else. Many join the service because that is their only ticket out of poverty. Many for sense of duty and honor. The fact is it is a job not an adventure. Someone deposits the money every month, feeds, clothes and shelters them. Then spends their whole carreer forcing them to rely on their brothers and leaaders without question. The Generals rose to that rank by doing everything in their power to please their superiors and ace their evals. 1 PFC I talked to in Iraq told me his combat pay was @ $3600/mo imagine a Generals pay. The media shows us these families losing their homes because they are over there but they don't tell you the missus was failing to budget. Which was what his ex was doing. Yes it is hard! I give him top respect. But it didn't stop him from sending his new internet girlfriend two phones on a 200 a month plan for her and her best friend so he could call her all hours of the night. My stepdaughter! 200 that could be going towards his childrens future. So no they don't join for the money. Some join for college then freaked when it got real. You mean there is a war and they had to go? I can't even count how many of those POS I have talked to. People trying to eat their way into a discharge while their brothers hang it all on the line. Hopefully a big enough # will refuse an illegal order. Those we will have to support and feed. The others well I guess we will have to find out about. Please don't take this as disrespectful towards any service people leo or women. I just think if the order came we will die or surrender. most will not fight because too many will stand around and not get involved or wait for someone to lead them.

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

April 15 I believe!!!

When have they ever sold a tax saying they plan to throw it away on office parties and bribing voters or waste it on projects repaying campaign donors?

Every tax they ever supported was for police, fire, school, and government.

Todd Levesque

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Indy, North
    I was curious as to what a Bear Cat was and found this.
    2uq1ymd.jpg

There are a few states with no property taxes,but most like our we just rent the land.Very sad state of affairs when a person works all there life to pay off a home but never really owns anything.

1st pillar- Abolition of private property:Communist Manifesto

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

April 15 I believe!!!

Only if you have an income and then you pay income tax...If you are self sufficiant off your own land, then I do believe that you don't pay these taxes.

Anyone an authority on this that can differ the two?:dunno:

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    I commend the Wisconsin Law enforcment team for not killing the man. I have met Randy Weaver (Ruby Ridge) and I can see the pain in his eyes. He lost a son and wife in a rediculous show of force by Janet Reno's thugs. Remember this when you hear someone say " They won't take my guns"

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I commend the Wisconsin Law enforcement team for not killing the man. I have met Randy Weaver (Ruby Ridge) and I can see the pain in his eyes. He lost a son and wife in a ridiculous show of force by Janet Reno's thugs. Remember this when you hear someone say " They won't take my guns"

Ruby ridge was the situation where that FBI sniper slaughtered his wife and son and got away with it due to the supremacy clause correct? Funny though - the supremacy clause only works if its constitutional - originally, federal agencies were to enforce only crimes on the high seas, counterfeiting, armed forces/the militia and treason; within those areas they would have supremacy.

Legally, the Federal government only has supremacy if it is in the Constitution. If the power is not given by the Constitution or amendments - it is technically illegal. Congress has no constitutional authority to make all of these agencies. The only agencies that are constitutional are the ones that handle crimes on the high seas, counterfeiting, armed forces and treason.

There was an amendment for the alcohol enforcement (21st amendment section 2); so perhaps the BATFE is actually a legal agency - only as ""Bureau of Alcohol" lol ...but other than that - the power is reserved to the States.

I know that there are criminals not only in politics but Law Enforcement and Military :xmad: I guess IA for Law Enforcement and the IG (OSI,CID,NCIS) need to remedy that issue.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom