• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spencir

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm having some trouble this evening. I did a complete field strip of my G22. I noticed that the pins in the frame were exceptionally difficult to get out. When it came time to put them back in, it was quite the struggle. After I eventually got them back in, the magazine catch is acting up. Sometimes it will lock the slide without a magazine. Other times I'll manually lock the slide back and when I pull on the slide, it stays locked back. I've taken it apart to see what the problem is and have no idea. At this point it's functioning but it just feels off. I don't trust it be carried at this point in time.

Anyone have an idea what the problem is or how I can fix it?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Sounds like you didn't get the pin through the slide lock correctly. FWIW, "Field stripping" doesn't involve removing any pins. I'd suggest taking it to Charlie at USDS since you're in Greenwood. I think he's there on Saturdays, maybe other days as well IDK.

Can you post a pic looking down into the frame with the slide removed?

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    I have noticed that if you put the bottom pin in first with the slide lock then the top pin, it has a tendency to lock the slide back. I would try to put in the top pin first then slide the slide lock in underneath it.

Spencir

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think I may have fixed the problem.
    IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_9394.jpg

In the first picture, it looks like I managed to get the spring from the magazine catch above the pin. I fixed it in the second picture and that seems to have done the trick.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I do free Glock inspections at USDS in Greenwood on the Saturdays that I'm there. If you are still having problems I could possibly meet you there one evening and take a look at it for you. PM me if you are interested and I'll send my contact info.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    Just out of curiosity, did you put the top pin in first when it malfunctioned and the bottom in first to correct it. That happened to my g22. The scary part is it passes the function test. I didn't notice a problem until I loaded a full mag and tried to chamber a round

Spencir

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I put the top pin in first both times. I think the spring might be a little bent.

My passed a function test too. It would just occasionally lock open without a magazine inserted. I could just tell because the slide lock just didn't feel right.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    The order that you put the pins in doesn't really matter, as long as you are careful to make sure that the spring for the slide lock is UNDER the top pin. I usually put the bottom pin in first and then push the spring down with a little screw driver as I push the top pin across.

Sounds like you got it fixed. As soon as I read your the OP, that is what I was guessing the problem was. Your pictures confirmed it!

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I do free Glock inspections at USDS in Greenwood on the Saturdays that I'm there. If you are still having problems I could possibly meet you there one evening and take a look at it for you. PM me if you are interested and I'll send my contact info.

NRA Life Member-- GSSF member
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor Certified Glock armorer

There is a specific order to removing and re-installing those pins. I would take advantage of NHT3's offer just to make sure its ok.

Top Bottom