Is this what the NRA really thinks of us?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    Is this what the NRA really thinks of us?

YouTube - Tough Like Chuck Norris

Sure, have Chuck Norris tell us all to vote, I'm all for that...but make us look like idiot's? Not so much. What were they thinking?

Edit..to me, yes, it's funny, but I'm a gun guy and I love satire, but directed at non-gun types I think this reinforces a negative stereotype that my neighbors all have about, well......us. Jim

Last edited:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I like the "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang" playng in the background, but that's about the only part. I would guess that since Youtube is basically a free medium, the NRA is throwing lots of PSA's out there and hoping some stick. Or go viral. I hope that the one you posted doesn't.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Just tried to access the Triggerthevote.org website to e-mail them my offense at the way NRA members and gun owners were portrayed in the Tough Like Chuck Norris video, and got an error message that their bandwidth was exceeded.
    Poor planning perhaps?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It looks pretty cool to me. There are those who sit in their pods and do nothing but preach about rights being taken away, but do nothing about it in a relevant way. I don't think it is directed at "us", but only those who think that talking is enough and have demonstrated that belief by neglecting to vote.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    It looks pretty cool to me. There are those who sit in their pods and do nothing but preach about rights being taken away, but do nothing about it in a relevant way. I don't think it is directed at "us", but only those who think that talking is enough and have demonstrated that belief by neglecting to vote.

I just think they could have come up with something better than a few weirdos talking like retards sitting around in something that looks like an AA meeting...

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I think the video shows that there are many different walks of life. I would welcome any one of them that are responsible enough to have a firearm to practice and support their 2nd A right.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I don't see the problem.

A bunch of people talking big and tuff, Grandma talking about beating and shooting people who come to take her rights, then Chuck :chuck:Kicks in the door and tells them they are doing it wrong. The best way to change things is to register and vote.

I wonder if Chuck can really put people to sleep like that...:D

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    I think there are a TON of things the NRA could be doing differently, more of, or not at all, but I don't really have a problem with this message.

Basically, Randy and his group are intended to be a representation of gun owners, but in the extreme. People who are sick and tired of what's going on, but are confused as to how to go about effecting a change.

Chuck Norris' message is "Hey YOU... you want change, well, it's right in front of your FACE, moron! VOTE!"

If you do some research into what percentage of the population cares enough to vote, you would A) have a better understanding of why so many of our problems are our (Pro-2Aer's) own damn fault, and B) see exactly how easily and quickly we could turn soooo many things around.

Cliffs: If even 50% of supposed 2A supporters got off the couch to vote, we could clean house in a matter of a few election cycles.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I don't have a problem with it...let's face it there are folks like that out there and they normally are the voting type...if it gets one of them to vote it then the ad worked...

If you aren't like that why would you take offense?

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    It's a little uncouth. And it does portray a bunch of "ignorant rednecks". But I don't see it saying that I, the viewer, am one of them. As stated above, if it gets even a few percentage points of the "talk tough and have a few beers instead of voting on election day" crowd off their arses, and down to the polls, it's probably worth it.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I'd much rather the nra spend time and effort on this than pushing more "common sense" gun laws.

I can definitely see the side of the folks who got really ticked off by this as well. There are a dozen ways they could have made that funnier and less stereotypical.

Top Bottom