• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Is it in some new rule that in order to be a public servant you have to check your brain at the door? How can someone be so stupid as to think that making a law that you have to stay at least 1000 feet from someone before you can shoot them make murder any more illegal?

They're worried about these guys:

itswhattheprosuse.JPG

They don't even know this guy's out there and can't comprehend his capabilities:

gpw-20051021-UnitedStatesMarineCorps-20070918-2510M-M-001-camouflaged-hidden-scout-sniper-looks-through-his-scope-Oahu-Hawaii-20070914.jpg

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Rep. Peter King to introduce bill making it illegal to carry a gun within 1,000 feet of ‘high-profile’ government official | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Just who decides who is a "high-profile" government official? At what point does one become "high-profile"? Is it because of their job position or because they're mouthy?
    And if I'm carrying concealed how in the heck are they gonna know if I have a gun? Who the hell is King anyway? As far as I'm concerned King's profile is only slightly higher than his intellect!

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Rep. Peter King to introduce bill making it illegal to carry a gun within 1,000 feet of ‘high-profile’ government official | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Just who decides who is a "high-profile" government official? At what point does one become "high-profile"? Is it because of their job position or because they're mouthy?
    And if I'm carrying concealed how in the heck are they gonna know if I have a gun? Who the hell is King anyway? As far as I'm concerned King's profile is only slightly higher than his intellect!

This was also my concern. Since the ATF just makes up things on the spot, this has the possibility of happening here too. You can be carrying a gun and they all of the sudden someone you're close to is "high profile". Bam - you're a felon.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    You know, I was just thinking about this. 1000' is how far sex offenders need to live away from a school or park.......and we would have to stay 1000' away from a congress-critter if we had a gun on us.......it could just be that they're finally admitting that they're all a bunch of offensive perverts.......or they want to treat everyone like they are sex offenders....not sure which of these things is better.....hmmmm

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Oh yeah, and congrats on that "conservative" Dan Burton. He only wants to have them separated from society by bullet proof material. So they could keep "the public from being able to throw explosives or make other attacks on members on the House floor." Has this been a problem in the last nearly 3 decades? I don't think so. Way to give people ideas though Dan.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I just re-read H. Beam Piper's "A Planet for Texans" over the weekend. The story is about a place with a cross between feudalism and republican government, where killing a politician isn't necessarily a prohibited act; especially if he's guilty of trying to take away freedoms enshrined in law. It's available free as an ebook online. Fun story.

Top Bottom