• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So a deer hit me and I posted a pic in the break room. Someone asked me if it was a piebald deer. I have no clue, so I thought I'd ask you guys.

Is this a piebald deer? It was May when he hit me. Lots of "fluff" came off him when he hit my SUV. The ISP trooper told me it was a yearling.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I've seen one, Near Demotte on 231, a doe and it was completely white. I actually saw her several times in the same area over a 2 week period, but this was years ago.

I can't say whether your vehicular assailant is one or not though.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Looks like shedding... I shot a piebald 3 pointer a few years ago in VA. I've got the tanned hide somewhere and if I can find it I'll post up a pic.

Found it...
    2013-01-21_21-39-15_172_zps2f55a0db.jpg

Last edited:

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    a hide that cool and you had to find it to take a pic...... I would have that baby layed over the couch or something. In plain sight so every one could see it. That skin is awsome by the way.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    a hide that cool and you had to find it to take a pic...... I would have that baby layed over the couch or something. In plain sight so every one could see it. That skin is awsome by the way.

Well it was in my garage (my man cave) hanging on the wall but, I've been trying to finish my garage (drywall mud, sanding, painting, etc.) so I have everything off the walls and my garage is a mess right now. It is pretty awesome!

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    There are many variations of piebald deer and the one that hit your vehicle most likely is one. I have seen about three different ones in person and all were different.

And Stschil, sounds like you saw an albino deer if it was completely white. My father in law shot an albino doe years ago and it was both creepy looking and beautiful.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    And Stschil, sounds like you saw an albino deer if it was completely white. My father in law shot an albino doe years ago and it was both creepy looking and beautiful.

You are probably right, although I was never close enough to see her eyes. I first thought it was a goat that had gotten loose from a nearby farm, but as I got closer, I could see it was in fact, a deer. She was, IMO, quite striking.

Top Bottom