• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    I got mine as a Christmas present I really wanted to get one... Been collecting dust ever since.

If you plan to be exclusively physically active then go for it.

For me it will get much more use once the voice commands are more robust.

Cheers

IndyPrepper

7orelevn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Greenwood
    When we got the Xbox my 15 year old son said not to mess with it and its just not worth it. I figure he knows what is good and bad with game systems so I trusted him. So I was glad to save the $ and just get games that he wanted.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    We use ours when we have family over, or are having a party. It’s good for party games. As far as daily gaming, it doesn’t get played all that often.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I got one for Christmas also. The silhouette ID can't distinguish my son from my younger daughter, I'm sure I'll be paying for that in therapy fees when he gets older. For us to use it better I am going to have to move the TV to a different wall so there is enough room (distance from the "HAL" looking computer eye) so the kids can stand in the sweet spot. My basement is rectangular and we already had it set up so the TV was not at the end that allowed us to use the full length of the room. All that to say the unique aspects of it come with some unique things to consider also. We are not gamers so I cannot comment credibly more than that.

jon159753

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Avon, IN
    Don't do it. It seems like a good idea, but video games are meant to be played sitting on your but. If you want to stand up and move around while playing games...... GO OUTSIDE

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I'll sell you mine. It's only been played about 3 times in the 6 months I've had it, so it's new.

how much? i'm looking to pick one up so who ever has one to sell, let me know. im in downtown indy.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    FYI, for anyone planning on buying a Kinect from someone... Make sure they have the same model of Xbox360 that you do. The NEW style Xbox360 has a different input than the older style and the older style needs an adapter.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    FYI, for anyone planning on buying a Kinect from someone... Make sure they have the same model of Xbox360 that you do. The NEW style Xbox360 has a different input than the older style and the older style needs an adapter.

good info. thanks! do the adapters come with the kinect when you buy it or is that extra? (still looking)

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    my buddy brought his over and left it here, drinking and playing dance central was a blast. however i hate how it takes pictures of you when your playing . i think its plotting against me

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I do enjoy mine but after the first 2-3 weeks I don't really use it. My wife does the dancing games and loves them, she plays it 3-4 times a week.

If I had it to do over I would have bought the xbox with out the kinect and spent the extra cash on Modern warfare 2 or halo reach

Remember after you buy the kinect you still have to buy games to play it so another $50-60 each

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Willphill12
    Top Bottom