Is something wrong w/ annualcreditreport.com?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    I've been trying to access annualcreditreport.com for about a week now.
    I've tried outside links, google, and typing the web address directly.

The typical result is this:
    Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.annualcreditreport.com/" on this server. Reference #18.9d02adc6.1365431984.4f20bbe

Is everyone getting this? Can anyone bring this site up or is the site down?
    Do I need to contact my ISP?

Rep for replies today.
    thanks

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    How long since you've cleared your cookies, OP?

Also - you can often get better (And FREE) results by going to each of the three Credit Reporting Unions individually and getting your credit report there.

From each site, you can get one free report/year. Hit up a different site every 4 months to get a free report. (Note - getting your credit score WILL cost you)

Those Free Credit Reports site are rip offs, at worst - and simply unnecessary at best.

-J-

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I found a great free site that updates quite often and really is free and you can have your score as soon as you log in. There is some advertising and offers on their site but I dont believe I've received any emails form other than the initial welcome emails when signing up.

creditkarma.com check it out it really has a lot of good info on there.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN

Also - you can often get better (And FREE) results by going to each of the three Credit Reporting Unions individually and getting your credit report there.

From each site, you can get one free report/year. Hit up a different site every 4 months to get a free report. (Note - getting your credit score WILL cost you)

Those Free Credit Reports site are rip offs, at worst - and simply unnecessary at best.

-J-
    I have cleared my cookies and cache, and get the same result.
    I have used firefox, and explorer, and get the same result.

annualcreditreport.com is set up by the big 3 to make the free reports easier. Their site will typically have a link to annualcreditreport.com.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I have cleared my cookies and cache, and get the same result.
    I have used firefox, and explorer, and get the same result.

annualcreditreport.com is set up by the big 3 to make the free reports easier. Their site will typically have a link to annualcreditreport.com.

check to see if they are in your "trusted sites" and delete if they are..
    also make sure you delete any stored log ins for that site..

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Start -> Run -> Cmd.exe
    Enter
    Code:
    nslookup annualcreditreport.com

What address does it return? It should look like the below.
    Code:
    Non-authoritative answer:
    Name:    annualcreditreport.com
    Addresses:  216.57.106.112

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

-J-

From FTC.gov:
    Q: How do I order my free report? The three nationwide credit reporting companies have set up a central website, a toll-free telephone number, and a mailing address through which you can order your free annual report.
    To order, visit annualcreditreport.com, call 1-877-322-8228. Or complete the Annual Credit Report Request Form and mail it to: Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281. Do not contact the three nationwide credit reporting companies individually. They are providing free annual credit reports only through annualcreditreport.com, 1-877-322-8228 or mailing to Annual Credit Report Request Service.
    You may order your reports from each of the three nationwide credit reporting companies at the same time, or you can order your report from each of the companies one at a time. The law allows you to order one free copy of your report from each of the nationwide credit reporting companies every 12 months.
    A Warning About “Imposter” Websites

Only one website is authorized to fill orders for the free annual credit report you are entitled to under law — annualcreditreport.com. Other websites that claim to offer “free credit reports,” “free credit scores,” or “free credit monitoring” are not part of the legally mandated free annual credit report program. In some cases, the “free” product comes with strings attached. For example, some sites sign you up for a supposedly “free” service that converts to one you have to pay for after a trial period. If you don’t cancel during the trial period, you may be unwittingly agreeing to let the company start charging fees to your credit card.
    Some “imposter” sites use terms like “free report” in their names; others have URLs that purposely misspell annualcreditreport.com in the hope that you will mistype the name of the official site. Some of these “imposter” sites direct you to other sites that try to sell you something or collect your personal information.
    Annualcreditreport.com and the nationwide credit reporting companies will not send you an email asking for your personal information. If you get an email, see a pop-up ad, or get a phone call from someone claiming to be from annualcreditreport.com or any of the three nationwide credit reporting companies, do not reply or click on any link in the message. It’s probably a scam. Forward any such email to the FTC at spam@uce.gov.
    Free Credit Reports | Consumer Information

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    Start -> Run -> Cmd.exe
    Enter
    Code:
    nslookup annualcreditreport.com
    What address does it return? It should look like the below.
    Code:
    Non-authoritative answer:
    Name:    annualcreditreport.com
    Addresses:  216.57.106.112
    That's what I got.

I have tried disabling add ons and updating addons and updating every thing.
    no dice.
    since the page I get says something about access to "this server"
    I'm thinking it is a ISP problem. Thanks, I'll get the reps soon

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    "http://www.annualcreditreport.com/" actually redirects to an SSL-secured page. Try using the SSL URL instead: "https://www.annualcreditreport.com/" (note the "https")

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    check to see if they are in your "trusted sites" and delete if they are..
    also make sure you delete any stored log ins for that site..

"trusted sites"?
    I don't know what that means. I thought I was pretty computer savvy too.
    Is that some sort of mcaffee or chrome thing?

Also, as a rule I don't save login info.

Thanks

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't think so I've gone to IP lookup sites, to see if I was being routed
    through a foreign server. Nope, shows me in SE Indiana, with no proxy detected.:dunno:

It's not hard to make a transparent proxy and some ISP's do it to improve traffic on their networks. It doesn't have to be routed through a foreign server.

Have you tried from another computer on a another network? It's unlikely, but maybe the annualcreditreport.com server has your IP address blacklisted.

You can also try using your own proxy as a test. Something like hidemyass.com, for example.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    It's not hard to make a transparent proxy and some ISP's do it to improve traffic on their networks. It doesn't have to be routed through a foreign server.

Have you tried from another computer on a another network? It's unlikely, but maybe the annualcreditreport.com server has your IP address blacklisted.

You can also try using your own proxy as a test. Something like hidemyass.com, for example.
    Well, that was weird.

I don't currently have access to another computer, I don't care to do business
    at the library or other folk's house.
    I did get access through hidemyass.com, but, nearly every link I clicked
    opened another tab, with the homepage displayed, or I got a screen from
    hidemyass that the request couldn't be processed.

Eventually I got to the request form, filled it out, picked the experian report
    and was told that my request couldn't be processed, try the mail and send in
    copies of ID and proof of residence with a letter.:xmad:

I don't borrow money, don't foresee borrowing money, and pay my
    credit card balance monthly.

To hell with it.

Top Bottom