Is 80 lbs of tannerite for gender reveal excessive?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Couple years back my neighbor decided to obliterate a refrigerator with 10 pounds of the stuff. Lives approx 3/4 mile from me and there's two sets of woods between us at an angle.

Shook the house like I imagine an airliner crashing in the backyard would do.

Cracked a foundation? I'm with the crowd figuring someone's out to make a buck...

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    80lbs of tannerite cracking a foundation? Yeah, right...if you detonated it IN the basement

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The guy is an idiot. 80# in a quarry full of hard sharp things that can go flying through the air?!? This is why I say you've got to give Murphy & Darwin to do their work. This is also how tannerite is going to end up being banned. Great idea to get it in the headlines when we've got an administration flexing executive order powers to ban what they don't like.

What ever happened to the good old days when the gender reveal was at the hospital when the father walked out? I think people are short changing themselves with these parties, but that's just me.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Still can't belive it would damage the foundation of a house. Sounds like a bunch a Karen's up there.
    An explosion happens that shakes the house, the homeowner goes and looks at the foundation, and sure enough, there's a crack.

Nevermind that the crack was there for many years before someone went to look for it. Blasting companies and quarries typically use seismometers around blasting zones for insurance purposes so when the homeowners come out of the woodwork wanting compensation they can show that their activity was below the regulated thresholds, and that is for charges that are in the ground. 80lbs of airblast can shatter large windows for a couple hundred yards in open terrain under the right conditions, but will not affect foundations, even that close, let alone a quarter mile away.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would imagine once the media starts whipping up anti-tannerite hysteria, the lawyers will come running.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    With about 6 pounds, a garbage bag full of water, and alot of duct tape you can absolutely splinter a 2 foot diameter tree.:rockwoot:

380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    80 lbs of Tannerite to reveal the gender. The baby is probably going to be born deaf now.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I prefer the old fashioned gender reveal.

I imagine tannerite will be banned

Top Bottom