• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    WTF!?!?!?!?! Eddie I like your idea. Or maybe they'd get a taste of their own medicine if we waltzed into their country and grabbed 3 innocent people and detained them for over a year. Who the hell do they think they are?!?

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Then how about this: For every citizen they are holding without cause, we tell them that we will fire a missile into a major city. They have 24 hours to deliver our citizens to the border, or we launch. Wars have been started over less in our history.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Canadian-Iranian journalist Maziar Bahari of Newsweek was freed on $300,000 bail in October 2009 after nearly four months detention following the crackdown after the disputed presidential election. He was later sentenced in absentia to more than 13 years in prison and 50 lashes.

Seriously.... Just who do these people think they are, 50 lashes ? What is this Roots ? Something needs to be done here, but there is no way the puppet master will intervene, since he suffers from a severe case of lack of back bone.

ayester1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    People forget that the Iranians and Muslims in general do not think the way the average American thinks. Life for them is not nearly as precious. They are not nearly as tolerant of other religions as American society is and if it an opportunity presents itself they will force their religion on the entire world. In our country right now you hear the rumblings of a silent war against the American way of life. CNN, and other news organizations are helping them to accomplish their goals.

ayester1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    If Obama would quit apologizing for the U. S. And quit trying to reform America into a clone of Europe we would probably garner more respect around the world.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    WTF!?!?!?!?! Eddie I like your idea. Or maybe they'd get a taste of their own medicine if we waltzed into their country and grabbed 3 innocent people and detained them for over a year. Who the hell do they think they are?!?

Or if we waited for 3 innocent Iranians wandered into our country and held them. But, I'm pretty sure we already do this when we catch them.

Okay, who am I kidding, our ICE doesn't catch people.

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I have some doubts about their innocence. That is just about the stupidest place you could go "hiking" next to North Korea..... I doubt that they're saboteurs or spies, but you don't just grab some trail mix and head out in an area like that.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I don't like any foreign country holding Americans when no clear evidence of a crime exists. However, why would you go hiking in an active war zone? Iraq? For vacation? Whatever hippies. Next time, go to the Grand Canyon.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I don't like any foreign country holding Americans when no clear evidence of a crime exists. However, why would you go hiking in an active war zone? Iraq? For vacation? Whatever hippies. Next time, go to the Grand Canyon.

I know Iran isn't the nicest country, but if you look at the US...aren't we holding many foreigners without cause...or at least not charging them with anything. We are just detaining them for an undisclosed amount of time? :dunno:
    Make you wonder how many countries want to level the US for such actions.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas

If they did indeed cross the boarder, then they broke the law. Just like I complain about illegal immigrants in this country; Iran has a right to protect it's own borders. Bad decision by the hikers.

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I imagine, or hope, that they'll be tried, sentenced and then pardoned, but I think it will be next Ramadan before that happens. That is generally how they handle things of this nature, but we'll see.

ETA: It says so much in the OP's article...

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

Hippies indeed. I was much more sympathetic until I read that all three of them are graduates of University of California at Berkeley. That says it all.

So you have three loonie toons "hiking" in an active war zone and illegally breaching another country's sovereignty. Illegal aliens is all they are. Let them stay a while longer and then they can come back and tell their libtard friends just how good they have it in the US.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    Is anyone really surprised by this decision?

Don't feel bad for them. This is the kind of thing that some people thrive on. I'm sure this will turn into interviews and TV appearances, a book deal, maybe even a movie. When they're old they'll look back fondly on their captivity and talk about the friends they made, how well they were treated, and how the rest of America is just out to vilify muslim countries.

Oh, and according to a girl in my anatomy class, iran hasn't kidnapped or detained them, they're just not letting them go. :ugh:

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    i ain't sayin what Iran did was right but WHY THE HELL ARE YOU MOUNTAIN CLIMBING IN IRAQ/IRAN. WHAT DID YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN????

H&R12G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    Though I agree they are stupid for wondering into a country without the proper proceedure, everyone should have a right to see the world. THat being said, you HAVE TO RESPECT THE LAW OF THAT COUNTRY! I would like to visit Russia one day. Am I going to just walk past the border without all the steps it takes to go there? NO! why? Because I have more sense than that as most people do (or should.) So, since they didn't follow proper procedure, let them stay without the comfort of the Hilton Hotel a few more nights.

Top Bottom