• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    Just sync'd my phone to my laptop to update it, haven't done it for a while. Lost half of my contacts and all of my pictures and it changed all of my settings. Is there anyway to restore it back the way it was before i sync'd it?
    It is a 3gs and has been working fine, guess i should have left it alone.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    Problem 1 its an Iphone. Solution Get an Android

Why, so the piece of crap SD card that comes with them can fry and you have to force close everything every 5 minutes????

Unfortunately, that sync set a new restore point, most likely. You can try doing a restore, but it probably wont help much as thats the point it probably set. Is it Jailbroken or stock?

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    Why, so the piece of crap SD card that comes with them can fry and you have to force close everything every 5 minutes????

Unfortunately, that sync set a new restore point, most likely. You can try doing a restore, but it probably wont help much as thats the point it probably set. Is it Jailbroken or stock?

It is stock, gonna take it to the AT&T store tomorrow and see if they can help me

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Haven't had an issue with my piece of crap SD card in several years and since I've had my android phone, I've had as many or more issues with my iPod Touch while using it quite a bit less.

Apparently, this has been a very common issue since the iPhone came out. AT&T might be able to help and if you get your contacts back, turn off the contacts for syncing or it could keep happening (seen multiple threads on mobile device/phone boards when I was thinking about possibly switching from android to iOS).

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I've never had a problem like that with my 4 or 4s. I did however have my Android that was in between the two frequently shut itself off to reboot.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've never had a problem like that with my 4 or 4s. I did however have my Android that was in between the two frequently shut itself off to reboot.

If you've had multiple iPhones and not had the problem, consider yourself fairly lucky. The problem was being reported since the first iPhone came out. I know someone that had it happen to every iPhone that they had (they had contracts with Verizon and AT&T at the same time and always had the newest iPhone for both). Yes, android based phones have their issues as well.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    If you've had multiple iPhones and not had the problem, consider yourself fairly lucky. The problem was being reported since the first iPhone came out. I know someone that had it happen to every iPhone that they had (they had contracts with Verizon and AT&T at the same time and always had the newest iPhone for both). Yes, android based phones have their issues as well.

no offense but you are full of BS. There was a "barely there" problem with 4's and their antenna that affected like .5% of all iPhone 4's out there. None of the other iPhones had this problem at any time, and the 4s's have fixed the issue that was in the 4's regarding reception.

I can see you are anti-Apple but posting nonsense like this isn't right. You are posting made up information as fact.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    no offense but you are full of BS. There was a "barely there" problem with 4's and their antenna that affected like .5% of all iPhone 4's out there. None of the other iPhones had this problem at any time, and the 4s's have fixed the issue that was in the 4's regarding reception.

I can see you are anti-Apple but posting nonsense like this isn't right. You are posting made up information as fact.

Yes, I'm full of BS. I've been on Apple forums because I own an Apple product. I've researched Apple forums when I was considering an iPhone. It is total BS that I came across complaints of lost contacts from syncing SINCE THE FIRST IPHONE came out. I'm full of BS when I mentioned someone I personally know experiencing the EXACT SAME PROBLEM OF LOST CONTACTS on ALL THE IPHONES THEY'VE OWNED. Seriously, grow up fanboi. All electronic products have issues. Get real...just because you haven't had the issue doesn't mean it hasn't happened. It isn't like there isn't a bunch of different search engines you could use to verify the issue of lost contacts while syncing.

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    i went to the AT&T store yesterday and they told me I was S.O.L. It was my fault for the most part due to not turning off the auto-sync.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yes, I'm full of BS. I've been on Apple forums because I own an Apple product. I've researched Apple forums when I was considering an iPhone. It is total BS that I came across complaints of lost contacts from syncing SINCE THE FIRST IPHONE came out. I'm full of BS when I mentioned someone I personally know experiencing the EXACT SAME PROBLEM OF LOST CONTACTS on ALL THE IPHONES THEY'VE OWNED. Seriously, grow up fanboi. All electronic products have issues. Get real...just because you haven't had the issue doesn't mean it hasn't happened. It isn't like there isn't a bunch of different search engines you could use to verify the issue of lost contacts while syncing.

Exactly right. It's a well known issue..

As for my Android, I have my Contacts synced to Google, and backed up on my SDcard, with a copy of that in Dropbox.

Oh, and for the record, I have owned Android phones for over 3 years, and never have had an sdCard crap out on me either..

Top Bottom