• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I havent seen the tips of these bullets, but from the view on their site these look just like the critical defense rounds, but with a different color "plastic" piece in the middle

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Shot placements is crucial for zombies. Shooting center mass is usually pointless, because their body is mostly dead anyway. To kill a zombie, you have to get the brain, which leaves you a rather small target. Hornady is just taking advantage of people who are scared of zombies but don't actually know anything about them. Remember, the virus affects the brain, and takes it over to control the rest of the body. Except for the brain, everything else on a zombie is pretty much dead.

In the video, the guy keeps hitting the chest. That won't do a thing. Sure, the zombies would stumble and maybe fall down. If you really tear up all the hydraulics, maybe they can't get back up. But they'll still be biting and clawing from the ground.

The good thing is that zombies don't move fast (unless they're from I Am Legend), so you don't have to worry as much if they get within 25 feet. Still, that's no picnic. Their sheer number often overwhelms even the military squads sent in to suppress them.

Also, shots attract other zombies. This is apparently a new development, because I don't recall seeing this before Walking Dead. When a whole herd of them bears down on you, eventually you'll run out of ammo. So I'd recommend a silencer, or at least a baseball bat as a backup. You can apparently also use LP records you don't like. Shaun did just that. Me, personally I like the crossbow. Quiet, has range and power. Doesn't reload as fast as a semi-automatic, but that's the trade off.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So I'd recommend a silencer, or at least a baseball bat as a backup. You can apparently also use LP records you don't like. Shaun did just that. Me, personally I like the crossbow. Quiet, has range and power. Doesn't reload as fast as a semi-automatic, but that's the trade off.[/QUOE]

An axe/sword works as well.
    :D
    z_abby_hatchet.jpg

Plus here is another reason for Home Schooling! ;)
    z_kids.jpg

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When Zombies start attacking in Hordes, there's no repalcement, for displacement.:
    thumbnail.aspx

After you run out of ammo, swinging a club, sword, machette, or club will wear you out!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    When Zombies start attacking in Hordes, there's no repalcement, for displacement.:
    thumbnail.aspx

After you run out of ammo, swinging a club, sword, machette, or club will wear you out!

May want to follow that machine with a few of these afterwards to crush the skulls of all the mangled up Zombies still "alive".

asp_resize_edit.asp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Too bad some poor sap will use this in a real self defence situation, kill the attacker and then be locked up for 15 years by an over-zealous ADA because the disclaimer says, not for use on humans.

Top Bottom