• ...and so much more!
  • nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I love this line:
    "The purpose of using RFID is not to identify people, says Mary Ellen Callahan, the chief privacy officer at Homeland Security, but rather "to verify that the identification document holds valid information about you."

She goes on to say:
    "Likewise, U.S. border agents are "pinging" databases only to confirm that licenses aren't counterfeited. "They're not pulling up your speeding tickets," she says, or looking at personal information beyond what is on a passport."

If you read between the lines you see:
    "Oh, sure, we could do that....but as your loving caring government we would never ABUSE that power. We just want to help."

I need help from RFID tags and the government like I need a case of Explosive Electric Diarrhea

Last edited:

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Two hackers flew from sweden to the USA on a passport that said Elvis Presley. They unhackable system has been hacked.

Django

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2009
    New Haven
    This is why people either foil their wallets or buy anti rfid versions.
    Aluminum foil works. Foil + duct tape even better

:: Django puts on his tinfoil hat ::

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I for one thank God that there is no conspiracy to collect personal data, track our movements and control aspects of our daily lives.

Imagine what one overzealous person with unlimited resources and less than honorable intentions or ideals could do with this technology.

Thankfully our leaders and bright thinkers have covered all security issues and our justice system has weeded out all crimminal elements from society. Otherwise something like this could be used to track and control food, medical, transportation and gun purchases.

Thankfully there are no such thing as conspiricies and everyone that believes in evil plots or having less Government intrusion in their lives will be readily locatable and identified.

Whew! I would hate to think what could happen if the people that are promoting this technology were motivated by greed and profit instead of altruism and concern for our well being.

Praise the Intel gods that delivered us from evil!

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I for one thank God that there is no conspiracy to collect personal data, track our movements and control aspects of our daily lives.

Imagine what one overzealous person with unlimited resources and less than honorable intentions or ideals could do with this technology.

Thankfully our leaders and bright thinkers have covered all security issues and our justice system has weeded out all crimminal elements from society. Otherwise something like this could be used to track and control food, medical, transportation and gun purchases.

Thankfully there are no such thing as conspiricies and everyone that believes in evil plots or having less Government intrusion in their lives will be readily locatable and identified.

Whew! I would hate to think what could happen if the people that are promoting this technology were motivated by greed and profit instead of altruism and concern for our well being.

Praise the Intel gods that delivered us from evil!

This message approved by the
    Intel Obamatron 4000-Beta!!!
    obama%20borg.jpg

Last edited:

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Actually you only need 10-15 seconds to fry one. Put a glass of water in with it so you don't chance shorting out your microwave.

For informational purposes only. :D

Shouldn't even take that long. The microwave emitter in most microwaves run at 2.3Ghz, so a burst of 2-3 seconds should produce enough EMF in the chip to ruin it.
    But if you "nuke" it, you couldn't use it. I like the wrapping it in HD foil to stop readers. No RF in, so no RF out!

Top Bottom