• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    What I can't figure out is...how can you tell by looking at a part where it was made?

Yes, I realize that some parts will have proof marks that make it easy to tell.

But you're telling me that every. single. AK trigger, bolt, bolt carrier, hammer, furniture piece, etc etc is marked as to where it was made?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    But you're telling me that every. single. AK trigger, bolt, bolt carrier, hammer, furniture piece, etc etc is marked as to where it was made?

Most of the recent US-made parts (TAPCO G2 trigger group, KVAR gas piston, Arsenal polymer furniture, etc.) will be marked. I operate under the assumption that it isn't US-made unless it is marked as such (even though I know full well that a lot of the early compliance parts were not marked, let alone those parts made by individuals).

Of course, it would be the government's task to prove that a given part was not US-made, for the purposes of prosecuting a 922(r) violation.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Am I correct in assuming that if you SBR a rifle that you don't have to worry about 922(r)?
    you are correct here. ATF has said in the past that the NFA trumps the parts count rules. The parts count is to make the firearm a "sporting arm" where the NFA allows for the evil assault variants.

Top Bottom