• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    The study, published in Psychological Science, showed that people who score low on I.Q. tests in childhood are more likely to develop prejudiced beliefs and socially conservative politics in adulthood . . . Why might less intelligent people be drawn to conservative ideologies? Because such ideologies feature "structure and order" that make it easier to comprehend a complicated world, Dodson said. "Unfortunately, many of these features can also contribute to prejudice," he added

I just wanted to inform all of you that you are racist bigots. Science has proved it; if you don't have faith in science that makes you even more of a racist bigot! You cling to your guns and religion; how dispicable. It amazes me how the rich are the dumb racists.

Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    This is the internet. Everyone's a millionaire rocket scientist that dates supermodels because of their half-meter long genitalia.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    geico-caveman.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Interesting. While I don't consider myself prejudiced or racist, I am socially conservative, and my IQ is just below the acceptance level for MENSA, but well above the limits in this article.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I read the entire article. Not enough there to form an opinion. These figures are old, and from the U.K. They don't give enough information for me to determine what they mean by "conservative" but based on what they did give, it's not a definition that fits what we know to be conservatives today in this country.

Does anyone doubt that racism is more prevalent in stupid people? That's not a surprising finding at all.

It may be a good study, based on the data they used. Just not enough to go on to form an opinion about how it applies here.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't doubt that ignorance and low IQ combined may direct people to be prejudicial and racist.

When I think of the hate filled bigot, in my mind it's the white male with the beer belly, unkempt appearance, wearing the greasy confederate flag t-shirt and has questionable lineage.

Then there is the spectrum of Nixon, Henry Ford, to Adolph, Pol Pot, and so on types.

So I can't see this article being of any true value to anyone that studies "Psychological Science" with any level of seriousness.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    This is the internet. Everyone's a millionaire rocket scientist that dates supermodels because of their half-meter long genitalia.

Sir, I take exception to this! I am a complete human being, with both good and bad qualities. My financial and romantic successes are definitely not due just to my half-meter long genitalia. I seriously resent being caricatured for the way God made me. You just have a case of sour grapes, or sour bananas, as it were. I have worked hard for my successes. My girlfriend (a supermodel, as you correctly surmised) can attest that it's also the motion in the ocean.

:rockwoot:

Top Bottom