• Do you support REQUIRED background check on ALL firearms sales

• Total voters

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    NO! Way to keep track of guns and who owns them. Oh! and they will keep track. Now, if you run a check with no refferance as to what is being sold and there would never be a ban on any guns/ magazines, I would consider it.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I vote NO. Law abiding citizens are seldom involved with violence using firearms. I do feel the use of a firearm while committing a crime should have an automatic 10-year minimum prison sentence, with a 2nd. Conviction being Life.
    INDEED

AT LEAST 80 MILLION law abiding gun owners at last accurate count with only ~12k gun homicides = OVER 99% non-violent and law abiding...hence no reason for MORE regulations on them

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I voted other. Each of us has a responsibility to keep guns out of the hands those that should not have them but it need not involve the government.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I vote NO. Law abiding citizens are seldom involved with violence using firearms. I do feel the use of a firearm while committing a crime should have an automatic 10-year minimum prison sentence, with a 2nd. Conviction being Life.

Really? Is being robbed or murdered with a knife or a blunt instrument superior to being robbed or murdered with a gun?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    No. I do not believe that background checks should be mandatory. However I believe that a store owner should have the option to run a background check before selling a gun to a customer.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I realize that this is moot, quaint, archaic.....but the 2nd amendment prohibits the federal government from engaging in firearms regulations, period. If we still had a binding Constitution, that's all that would need to be said.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    What is a "proper person"? If they're not in jail, they should be allowed to own a firearm. It's a Right guaranteed by the Constitution. If they're too dangerous to own a firearm, why'd you let them out of prison? Either they've paid their debt or they haven't.

This is like the 30'th time I've read one of your posts, agreed 100%, went to Rep you, and then realized it's you. I usually just read down the list without checking names.

But yeah...what Scutter said.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I believe most gunowners want more background checks. Anything for that warm fuzzy feeling Big Brother can give you.
    The only problem with warm-fuzzies, is that in order to "get" one, it has to be inserted through an orifice. I can't think of a single orifice through with I would like something warm and fuzzy inserted by Big Brother.

Background checks are not useful, and do little to nothing to prevent crime. They are easily skirted by criminals. They only impact otherwise law-abiding citizens.

So, maybe if we have more? It'll work this time? Do folks really believe this, or are they so desperate for that warm fuzzy?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The only problem with warm-fuzzies, is that in order to "get" one, it has to be inserted through an orifice. I can't think of a single orifice through with I would like something warm and fuzzy inserted by Big Brother.

Background checks are not useful, and do little to nothing to prevent crime. They are easily skirted by criminals. They only impact otherwise law-abiding citizens.

So, maybe if we have more? It'll work this time? Do folks really believe this, or are they so desperate for that warm fuzzy?

They really believe that:(

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I know it might be kind of a pita but would actually make me feel more comfortable about making sure I'm selling to a proper person

THIS is why I want to see a In. DL, AND LTCH, NO MATTER what kind of firearm, I am SELLING !!!!! The person meets the STANDARD, set by the STATE, of In., then it is good enough for ME !!!!! :yesway: :twocents:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i vote no but i would like to be able to see if a gun is stolen as reported on a database or get a background check for free...i dont like the ffl fees so i usually ask to see id and the pink

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    i vote no but i would like to be able to see if a gun is stolen as reported on a database or get a background check for free...i dont like the ffl fees so i usually ask to see id and the pink
    A LEO can run the numbers for you if you ask, but they will have to confiscate if it comes back in the negative...

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    If we truly believe the 2A is absolute then what other position to take but NO. I'd rather defend myself against a few felons and crazies than be defenseless against tyranny.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If we lived in an ideal world where universal background checks would actually keep guns out of the hands of criminals, where it would actually make us safer, than yes. Since we live in the real world where the measure will be largely unenforceable, won't keep guns out of the hands of criminals any better than existing laws, and I can't fathom it making us safer, I have to say no.

Furthermore, I can't think of any viable way to enforce it that doesn't require a firearm registry. For multiple reasons, again including the "ideal vs real" argument as above, that's another reason to say "no".

Top Bottom