• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Privacy is bad. If we think it might be fun to be a pirate, we just need to watch the video of the Russians taking care of that ship of pirates. :):

I buy my songs from Amazon. They do offer free good songs at times. I think there's always free songs that aren't necessarily well known songs/artists. But they are free and some may be good.

I've found some pretty decent stuff on iTunes that was free. Mostly artists that I hadn't heard of and I've found some blogs in the past that were mostly about underground music that had artists that couldn't get contracts they wanted for whatever reason so they would link to the blog and give out a couple songs a week that may have been live versions or stuff that didn't make their albums. I can't remember the name of the blogs right now but just doing a bit of searching can help find some stuff that is good. It helps the artists if they can get some music out while having their main distributions channels through digital albums or having albums available through a few underground sites (I've found a bunch of hip hop that way and ordered directly from the artists, a couple times a hand written note was included with the order saying thanks for the purchase and mentioning artists in the underground scene that they like).

Whats a MP3?

I gets my music on the radio. Both kinds. Country AND western.:dunno:

As long as it isn't "new" country, I can give a :yesway: for that. Stick with the classics and outlaw country and you're good to go.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Checkout Mog or Spotify.

Both are free music streaming services. You can also pay a monthly fee to download them onto your smart phone or iPod.

It gives you recommendations based on what your friends listen to as well. Good for finding new music.

All the cool kids are using these services now.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Checkout Mog or Spotify.

Both are free music streaming services. You can also pay a monthly fee to download them onto your smart phone or iPod.

It gives you recommendations based on what your friends listen to as well. Good for finding new music.

All the cool kids are using these services now.

So that's what that "Spotify" thing is that my sons put on my computer....huh....never made the connection. I'll check it out, thanks!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I've found some pretty decent stuff on iTunes that was free. Mostly artists that I hadn't heard of and I've found some blogs in the past that were mostly about underground music that had artists that couldn't get contracts they wanted for whatever reason so they would link to the blog and give out a couple songs a week that may have been live versions or stuff that didn't make their albums. I can't remember the name of the blogs right now but just doing a bit of searching can help find some stuff that is good. It helps the artists if they can get some music out while having their main distributions channels through digital albums or having albums available through a few underground sites (I've found a bunch of hip hop that way and ordered directly from the artists, a couple times a hand written note was included with the order saying thanks for the purchase and mentioning artists in the underground scene that they like).
    There's a music blogs aggregator called Hypem, that's really useful. It tracks hundreds of music blogs and their most recent posts on music. Loads of links to independents and different genres, as well as live stuff.

http://hypem.com/

Top Bottom