• Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Woah, you look tough and stuff.

you should grapple Denny :):

Look, it's bad enough getting pummeled by guys less than half my age at home, I don't need to go looking for new ways to get my *** kicked.

"Gee, Sifu, I thought I'd stretch, do some forms, jump rope, do sword drills because those are fun and then . . ."

"Kirk, get on the gear."

:crying:

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Warm Up:
    3-rounds: 200M Row, 10 Deadlifts (working up to WOD RX), 10 sit-ups, 15 air squats.

WOD:
    1000M Row
    30 Deadlifts @ 225
    50 Pull Ups (Even with bands, these sucked)

Tecnique / Checkout: Halt Snatch (Also added some OH Squat work).

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Worked to a heavy front box squat single (245#) last night and then an 8min AMRAP of 10 deadlifts @ 225# & 10 burpees. That was fun.... First time really pushing my wrist since I sprained it a few weeks back.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Worked to a heavy front box squat single (245#) last night and then an 8min AMRAP of 10 deadlifts @ 225# & 10 burpees. That was fun.... First time really pushing my wrist since I sprained it a few weeks back.

Glad your back at it. Just left my doc. I broke a rib 4 weeks ago and was hoping for an all clear. Instead he wants me to rest another 2 weeks and then ease back into working out. :(

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

10 deadlifts? In one go? Whoa. You trying to add muscle to your back? I don't ever go over 5.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Glad your back at it. Just left my doc. I broke a rib 4 weeks ago and was hoping for an all clear. Instead he wants me to rest another 2 weeks and then ease back into working out. :(
    Me too. I still have to watch it, but it's getting better. Be patient dude, that's not something you want to force too much. You'll get there.
    10 deadlifts? In one go? Whoa. You trying to add muscle to your back? I don't ever go over 5.
    I broke up all but one set into 5's, total of 60 reps in the workout. This was a conditioning piece, 225 is only about 65% for me but it was quite a bit of volume.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Friday: out for fun after office, day off.

Saturday: martial arts in AM, did a bunch of IAD and weapon takedowns. After lunch I need to get to yoga as I am not teaching this weekend (thank goodness). My body is literally throbbing in pain and I have to be in the f**king office today. I am so mad at myself. Cannot believe I made Saturday appointments which will always be late or no shows because of "my life, my wife, my dog". 22 years doing this and I still have not learned not to believe people when they say "I promise I'll be there." So mad at me.

Maybe work out on the mook in evening if dinner plans fall through.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Monday: martial arts. We sparred. I got a fat upper lip.

Tuesday: double session of yoga. Oh, man, did I need that. Felt and heard spine clicking back into shape. I hear Father Time's footsteps but yoga helps me keep ahead of him.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wednesday: AM and PM martial arts.

Thursday: AM martial arts, PM run the hill in Foxcliff.

"Kirk, aren't you too old and fat to be running with kids half your age?"

"Yes, but I had nothing better to do; besides running keeps the bad numbers down . . . except for my age."

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Did a partner workout last night, and I made it way worse than it should have been. 18min, as many rounds of alternating 500m row and 100m farmers carry. Decided to go super heavy on the carry w/ 95# each hand. :nuts: Didn't go well....

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That is an insane carry!

One of our guys did a 100 cal row in 4:35 the other day. Wow. I almost worked out today, could only get our room down to 85 so I took a nap. I'm happy with my decision

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Friday: had to get someone out of jail and squared away, so no workout.

Saturday: Wing Chun in the AM, yoga in the PM. Did that laying on a brick thing, restorative yoga. My spine feels so wonderful.

Sunday: run in the AM and nice long Wing Chun workout in the PM (mook and swords but I did shift drills and punches too).

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So I think I have patellofemoral pain syndrome :(

Been wearing a knee brace at night. I’ve beem trying to take it easy for awhile now. Weight lifting seems to help with the pain. Rowing is a huge no-no, that hurts too much.

Top Bottom