• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thank you for the thorough response! I wish you well with your event. I may even attend if I can.

Rhino,
    We are a group of women who are members of The Well Armed Woman organization in various chapters in the Indiana area. We have seen a need within the women's shooting community for pistol instruction and then how to carry concealed. We met to find a way to reach out to women in the Central Indiana area and help them find a way to carry. We concluded that a concealed carry fashion show might just be the way to do that. We are fashioning the event after the New York Women's Concealed Carry fashion show. We reached out to them for advice and came up with our speakers based on what they found to work.

Carrie Lightfoot was chosen because she is a leader in promoting women's activities and educating, equipping and empowering women shooters. She has been a speaker at many functions and has been on the NRA radio program Cam and Company. She is also the founder and owner of The Well Armed Woman LLC. You can find more information on TWAW here: http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com/company/about-us

Gabby Franco was chosen as she is a leading instructor for both women and men. She is a former medalist in various national shooting sports and participated in the 2000 Olympics. She has been a contestant on the TV shooting show, Top Shot Season 4 and Top Shot All Stars. She is an excellent example of shooting expertise and where women in shooting sports can excel and how far those skills can take them. She is also a nationalized citizen who firmly believes in the constitutional rights of Americans especially in the area 2A rights. Gabby's bio and profile can be found here:http://gabbyfranco.com/biography.html

Guy Relford has been a supportor of TWAW and Eagle Creek Range hosts the Central Indiana chapter since it began in May 2013. He speaks to various TWAW groups around the Indy area about Indiana gun law.

Brian LaMaster has been a supporter of the IndySouth chapter of TWAW and provides classes in armed and unarmed self defense to us. We think he will do a great job in demonstrating self defense tactics for women.

Many women, especially conservative and 2A supporters, read and listen to Chicks On The Right and we thought they would be fantastic draw as our keynote speakers. We reached out to them and they are very excited about the opportunity to share in the Fashion & Firearms event.

I think just about covers it.

We continue to solicit vendors for our event and look forward to having a great time promoting F&F.

GunGirlSAR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Please continue to mention Fashion & Firearms to your friends who might be interested in various ways to conceal carry! It's going to be a great event with some great speakers and shopping...lots of shopping...and food, need to mention that The Crane Bay will be providing the food for the event. I hope you all will make plans to come!

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    GunGirlSAR-

I like the idea and believe the show will be a great time.

I conceal carry. My wife cc's "every so often, maybe". I suggest she cc on a more regular basis.

Mention the show on your radio program. My wife listens and would need some encouragement to go- that would make my job easier.:D

Let's see......fashion, good speakers and food. What's not to like?

Thanks, Pappy

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Do you have any promotional material that we can print and post at work, or send to others?

Thank you and great idea...my wife will be there!

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I sent the link to this to my wife last night. She was very interested. She was a little leery about the price but I told her that if it's something she wants to go to that I'd make sure she went. I hope she chooses to go, I think this will be very good for her to meet and see other women who carry and share perspective with her. I hope she asks me to go with her, but I won't pressure her to go or to bring me, I want her to choose to go because it's something she wants. She immediately recognized Guy when she visited the website and said the website was informative so good work on that part! Hope to be there!

Gunnergirl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2015
    Greenwood
    Come see me I will at the prize table handing out tickets for the prizes. We will be giving away guns!!!!!! Can't wait to meet the Chick's on the Right.

GunGirlSAR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Some may ask, what the heck is this Fashion & Firearms thingy? Well, let's talk about that! Fashion and Firearms is a way to bring three important areas into the spotlight for women shooters: educate, equip and empower. We will EDUCATE women in the proper and safe handling of firearms with informed speakers; we will EQUIP them with the proper tools to safely and effectively carry their firearm; and we will EMPOWER women to make the decision that they are, and can be, their own protector. Any questions?

GunGirlSAR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Faine - We'd love to have both you and your wife attend our event! It's going to be an exciting time, in an exciting venue, with some ultra exciting speakers. Not to mention a bunch of women modeling how to conceal carry their firearms! Surprise her with tickets for Valentine's Day...what better way to show how much you love her than by showing her all this great stuff!

GunGirlSAR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Does anyone know a cute little spitfire named GABBY FRANCO? She will be speaking at the event and then conducting a two hour seminar on Sunday! We'll get more info on the seminar later this evening!

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Does anyone know a cute little spitfire named GABBY FRANCO? She will be speaking at the event and then conducting a two hour seminar on Sunday! We'll get more info on the seminar later this evening!

I got tickets to the seminar first thing this morning. Tweeted about it and Gabby even retweeted it. I can't wait!

enaid8991

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2015
    Vincennes
    I liked the Facebook page and invited my significant other to like it as well. I hope he will attend with me! As a new firearms owner I think this will be a great opportunity and am looking forward to going!

GunGirlSAR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Enaid8991 - We will do our best to help you become more informed about women and firearms and especially how to carry your handgun. We have all kinds of new and exciting carry options that you can try out at our vendor tables! I'm a southern Indiana girl that knows your area well! I'm excited you'll be coming to the event. Don't forget to order your ticket at Welcome to Fashion and Firearms!!

GunGirlSAR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    PappyD - sometimes us women need to take baby steps in carrying. It is against my work policy to have "weapons" on campus so until I retire (very, very shortly) I will follow that policy. Then my Kimber will be with me wherever I go! We'd love to get some radio coverage but haven't gotten anything yet and time is getting close.
    Hope to see you both there! How about you surprise her with tickets? They can be purchased at Welcome to Fashion and Firearms!.

Top Bottom