• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    So, one of my cousins was an Indiana State Police firearms examiner, up in Indianapolis. She just recently quit to go home and be a full time mom to her two kids for awhile.

Anyway, she said that while she was working in the lab, she got an opportunity to visit the Hi-Point factory, and she told me some of her impressions of it. Keeping in mind that this is my cousin, with the Masters degree in forensics, and worked for the State Police labs for something like 3 years now, and was a crime scene investigator in Florida before that...not prone to exaggeration or tall tales.

She said that every time she spoke with the owner about coming out there, and arranging a time, that he sounded like he had been drinking. She later found out that this was probably an accurate assessment. Also, when he heard that her last name, he asked "is that French? I don't like French people."

When she got out there, the first thing she noticed was that the factory is actually contained in two pole barns, and that her assessment of the owner as a bit of a drinker was correct. As they toured the factory, she said that most of the men in there, while operating heavy machinery to make these finely polished turds, (couldn't help it; sorry,) were generally not wearing shirts, and most always had a beer in hand or nearby.

Just thought this would be something that you guys might be interested in hearing. I'm not trying to bash Hi-Points; from what I've heard, they're cheap and reliable firearms. Wouldn't mind picking on up some day to live in my glove box. Just wanted to let you know what she saw up there.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I would be interested to know which Hi Point factory this was. If I understand correctly the 380 and 9mm pistols are made in one factory. The .40 and .45 pistols in another, and the carbines in a third factory. I have heard some rumors that the 9mm pistols have more problems than the .45s and the carbines, but I have no first hand experience with the c-9.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    For what we know people at the Glock factory in Austria could be all topless too and drinking beer as well.
    Only in my head they are fine Austrians lady topless putting lub on guns before shipping them to the US. :D

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    I have heard some rumors that the 9mm pistols have more problems than the .45s and the carbines, but I have no first hand experience with the c-9.
    Ive had a C9 for 10 years prob put 600 rounds through it. Not 1 problem, it went through a house fire in 2006 that burned the box off of the gun, a couple shots of oil later still went bang everytime, doesnt bother me if they are completely smashed and butt hole naked, they made me a dependable weapon
    picture.php

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, this factory was somewhere in Indiana; I forget what city she said it was in. And yeah; I thought that it sounded like it might be a pretty fun place to work.

If you've gotta do factory work, why not work in a factory with a lax dress code that lets you drink beer? :p

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    I'm price-aware - but for something like a hand gun - Hi-point wasn't even a consideration. And wow - that slide is just something...

But the real reason I'm posting is to say Jason765's avatar depicting his pistol gear set-up gave me a huge laugh...

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    I'm price-aware - but for something like a hand gun - Hi-point wasn't even a consideration. And wow - that slide is just something...

But the real reason I'm posting is to say Jason765's avatar depicting his pistol gear set-up gave me a huge laugh...
    not my pistol set up found the pic online and couldnt resist

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    Yeah, this factory was somewhere in Indiana; I forget what city she said it was in. And yeah; I thought that it sounded like it might be a pretty fun place to work.

If you've gotta do factory work, why not work in a factory with a lax dress code that lets you drink beer? :p
    All Hi-Point factories are in Ohio. Mansfield, Galion, and Lima; their distribution is from Dayton.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom