• ...and so much more!
  • A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Hey all,

Any INGO running the Indy Mini? A friend of mine talked me into it, might not be my friend afterwards...haha. I will be in Corral "U" for the start.

A. Ramon

A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I went to a store that specializes in running. They re-measured my feets, put me on a treadmill to check to see my foot placement when it hits the ground. They suggested a more supportive shoe. I went with some Asics, that was over 4 months ago and not shin splints. but that was just my experience.

Im not, but I do need some help with shin splints. Any body here in sports medicine?

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    I'm running it. This will be my third and last! I've missed more runs than I've made in training. My fiancee has done it like 6 times. It's fun. Just RUN YOUR PACE and ignore everyone taking off at the beginning! Drink water throughout and try and enjoy!!!

A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I have done 10 miles working up to this thing. I was doing really well as far as training, but got hurt on duty a few weeks back. I had 3 perps running from a distrubance. I was able to run down 2 of the 3, but slipped on some mud going up a small embankment slipping 2 discs in my middle back. I plan on doing 8 miles tomorrow and probably won't run again until Saturday.

I am looking forward to it, as mentioned my 1st mini. Fort Wayne is having one in Sept, depending on how this goes, I might try that one.

I will be in Corral U.

A. Ramon

lol i signed up and haven't ran close to 13 miles yet... i thought about running it with a handgun lol....

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    Well good luck to you! The HUGE crowd and the bands get you pumped up but just run your pace and you will be fine. Don't worry about time just finish!

I just ran 3 and I did 8 on Saturday. That's been my longest. My heart hasn't been in it this year, I've also been on the road alot for work and have missed A LOT of runs.

Hopefully the weather is good. I prefer it slightly cool.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Im not, but I do need some help with shin splints. Any body here in sports medicine?

Not in sports medicine, but I used to have pretty bad shin splints. Try rolling a blanket and kneel with your top of your foot on the blanket with toes pointing to the rear. This proved very relieving for me.

After a year or so, my shin splints went away as I ran more.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Not in sports medicine, but I used to have pretty bad shin splints. Try rolling a blanket and kneel with your top of your foot on the blanket with toes pointing to the rear. This proved very relieving for me.

After a year or so, my shin splints went away as I ran more.

this is a good therapeutic stretch for shin splints, and as mentioned, a properly fitted and constructed shoe will be very helpful. perhaps take a look at your technique. do you lock out your knee when you run or walk? this has proven to cause shin splint symptoms.

A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Everyone survive? The weather was perfect!

I made it!! 2hrs 32min, I was hoping to make it under 2:30, but after I got off the speedway I HAD to relieve myself. If not for that I would have made my goal. Around mile 11 left leg started to get a little tight, mile 12.5 my left shoulder started to cramp. I was like "WTF!!", haha. For my 1st Mini-marathon, I am extremely happy.

How did everyone else do??

A. Ramon

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I made it!! 2hrs 32min, I was hoping to make it under 2:30, but after I got off the speedway I HAD to relieve myself. If not for that I would have made my goal. Around mile 11 left leg started to get a little tight, mile 12.5 my left shoulder started to cramp. I was like "WTF!!", haha. For my 1st Mini-marathon, I am extremely happy.

How did everyone else do??

A. Ramon

umm cuaght every news update on it that I could while doing marsh...er I mean yard work. :)

Congrats on your time!

Mr. Mysterious

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one that ran it. I was going to skip it but decided the last minute (well, Thursday) that I would run it. I have been running but nothing over 4 miles.

I ended up at like 2:19 so I wasn't happy with my time but I certainly wasn't disappointed since I hadn't prepared even close to properly.

I love the mini, but the 2.5-3 mile section on the speedway is the most unmotivating part of the whole race. Especially since they have all the fast people finishing on the big screens when my 245 pound butt gets into the speedway and I'm only about halfway done!

Top Bottom