Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Serious note on something from yesterday:

John (NRA recruiter) and I had a lengthy discussion with a young couple (30-ish) originally from Bangladesh. They currently reside in Michigan, not sure how they landed at the 1500.

More to follow...

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Great Show!!!
    Plenty of room, all kinds of goodies.

Got some jams.
    Bad ass button activated heat pads !
    Plum ak mags.

Nothing I reallllllly needed other than that new Springfield saint ATC
    Oh dear gawd that rifle it tickles my stomach!

Last edited:

jgill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Daviess County
    Went earlier this morning, walked around with the old man. Ended up leaving empty handed besides a few patches he picked up. A couple things caught my eye but nothing unlike what I've already got, so I talked myself out of it real quick. Definitely busier as we were leaving than when we got there, but not as crowded as the last one I went to.

Thanks again for the pass!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Went earlier this morning, walked around with the old man. Ended up leaving empty handed besides a few patches he picked up. A couple things caught my eye but nothing unlike what I've already got, so I talked myself out of it real quick. Definitely busier as we were leaving than when we got there, but not as crowded as the last one I went to.

Thanks again for the pass!
    Glad you could put the pass to good use. The weather is just awful today, I figured it would be busier than Friday.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Great Show!!!
    Plenty of room, all kinds of goodies.

Got some jams.
    Bad ass button activated heat pads !
    Plum ak mags.

Nothing I reallllllly needed other than that new Springfield saint ATC
    Oh dear gawd that rifle it tickles my stomach!
    I take it that was you in the "Better Dead than Red" sweatshirt?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Serious note on something from yesterday:

John (NRA recruiter) and I had a lengthy discussion with a young couple (30-ish) originally from Bangladesh. They currently reside in Michigan, not sure how they landed at the 1500.

More to follow...
    OK, as promised...

A quick search of private firearms ownership and I found there are slightly more privately owned firearms in Bangladesh (0.40 per 100) than in north Korea AKA norkland (0.30 per 100)

So John and I are talking to people from a culture where no one owns a gun. Their English was very good, obviously well-educated people.

A couple things for sure: there is no doubt who we are in that booth. NRA-ILA and ISRPA on the tablecloths, NRA on the huge thing behind us. The other thing for sure: these people never met too many pro 2A folks.

I'd like to think we won over a couple new 2A supporters yesterday. They left with a much greater understanding of why our Constitutional Rights are so cherished, and how 2A backs up the other rights. How cases such as Bruen, Heller, and McDonald were so significant; and how being able to own different firearms for different purposes was a good thing.

I've worked a lot of 1500s, I think this was the best interaction with people I've had at a gun show.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    OK, as promised...

A quick search of private firearms ownership and I found there are slightly more privately owned firearms in Bangladesh (0.40 per 100) than in north Korea AKA norkland (0.30 per 100)

So John and I are talking to people from a culture where no one owns a gun. Their English was very good, obviously well-educated people.

A couple things for sure: there is no doubt who we are in that booth. NRA-ILA and ISRPA on the tablecloths, NRA on the huge thing behind us. The other thing for sure: these people never met too many pro 2A folks.

I'd like to think we won over a couple new 2A supporters yesterday. They left with a much greater understanding of why our Constitutional Rights are so cherished, and how 2A backs up the other rights. How cases such as Bruen, Heller, and McDonald were so significant; and how being able to own different firearms for different purposes was a good thing.

I've worked a lot of 1500s, I think this was the best interaction with people I've had at a gun show.

Well done, Big Chief*** ! :thumbsup: I don't attend the 1500 these days, as my back and knees don't hold-up to being on my feet long enough to make it worthwhile.
    But hearing stories like these make me proud that you were there, and as always, are out to make a favorable impact on our 2A Rights.

Top Bottom